Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    I'm going to hit the piano for a bit, I think. And then.. who knows?
    Have a **** in the IAMS toilets? You should really go study. How is it too nice a day to stay in and study, but it's not too nice a day to stay in playing the piano? People really loose all sense of logic when procrastinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

How do you arts students kill time?

The GMB has leather couches, and a strange tendency to speed up time whenever you set foot inside it. That always help move the week along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Argh, people who come into the library and sit down opposite me.

Then, they open their bag (loudly) and take out:

-lots of different colour pens, that they organise in front of them
    -bottle of water
    -bottle of isowhatsit sports drink (it's the library, not a marathon ffs)
    -roll of mints
    -chewing gum
    -mp3 player
    -huge binder of notes, with lots of pink highlighting
    -5 or 6 different refill pads
    -piece of fruit
    -bag of crisps

All their 'equipment' is then re-arranged a few times, shuffled back and forth on the desk. Then, they plug in their mp3 player and start doing that head bop along to the music then.

(note, no actual study has been done yet)

A friend is spotted across the library, and an exageratedly loud whispered conversation is held across the 10 feet that seperate them. 'ohmigod, i am so fooocked, i've done noh thing. Not a tap, loike'.

The crisps are opened and nibbled at (loudly) as they flick through some pages (loudly). Then, their phone buzzes, omg, it's a text! They start texting back at high speed, their abused keypad on their phone clicking with each letter.

(still no study done)

3 or 4 text messages sent and received later, one of their friends drops by, 7 minute 'whispered' conversation, then they decide to go for coffee. 5 minute production of putting everything back into the bag, and off they trot.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

cuckoo wrote:

-bottle of water
    -roll of mints
    -chewing gum
    -mp3 player
    -piece of fruit
    -bag of crisps

All their 'equipment' is then re-arranged a few times, shuffled back and forth on the desk. Then, they plug in their mp3 player and start doing that head bop along to the music then.

A friend is spotted across the library, and an exageratedly loud whispered conversation is held across the 10 feet that seperate them. 'ohmigod, i am so fooocked, i've done noh thing. Not a tap, loike'.

The crisps are opened and nibbled at (loudly) as they flick through some pages (loudly). Then, their phone buzzes, omg, it's a text! They start texting back at high speed, their abused keypad on their phone clicking with each letter.

(still no study done)

3 or 4 text messages sent and received later, one of their friends drops by, 7 minute 'whispered' conversation, then they decide to go for coffee. 5 minute production of putting everything back into the bag, and off they trot.

Thats women for yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

cuckoo wrote:

-bottle of water
    -roll of mints
    -chewing gum
    -mp3 player
    -piece of fruit
    -bag of crisps

(still no study done)

That's BESS girls for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'm reminded of a child that says the same joke over and over, only less funny each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

You should really go study. How is it too nice a day to stay in and study, but it's not too nice a day to stay in playing the piano? People really loose all sense of logic when procrastinating.

Hmm, you've got me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

cuckoo wrote:

-bottle of water
    -roll of mints
    -chewing gum
    -mp3 player
    -piece of fruit
    -bag of crisps

(still no study done)

I've been known to do that (not as much stuff, different conversation), as has everyone else. Buy some headphones that double as earplugs, or a gun.

On another note, I really want an apache helicopter, anyone know anyone selling one on the cheap?

I've also discovered how crap bebo is at it's primary purpose - puttin photos on the web.

OOh, I thought I'd share this rather disturbing little video with one and all. Ah, procrastination, I tells ya, thar be a little midget (extremely small person) kid with no vocal chords in my brain screaming his lungs out to get me to do work, I call him boris, he calls me: *white noise*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Dead Ed wrote:
    OOh, I thought I'd share this rather disturbing little video with one and all.

I've never seen that but I've seen many congenital defects that look scarier. That was pretty freaky though. Looks like it could be a problem with Wnt or Fgf (or some other signalling cascade involved in facial/limb development) signalling occuring in a later developmental stage.

John2 wrote:
    I've never seen that but I've seen many congenital defects that look scarier. That was pretty freaky though. Looks like it could be a problem with Wnt or Fgf (or some other signalling cascade involved in facial/limb development) signalling occuring in a later developmental stage.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlequin_baby

It's pretty gross alright, I remember seeing that in a medical textbook, ngchhhuh.

Minor moan: all my music-instrument calluses (sounds gross but they're necessary) have gone away. I go on a musical binge today (the music room has been restocked) and my hands are now in bits, covered in blisters. Owww.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I go on a musical binge today (the music room has been restocked)

Was that you playing Coldplay tunes on the piano around 2.30 this afternoon?

I hadn't played guitar since our last practice so tonight I had an absolute freak out to keep my fingers in shape

shay_562 wrote:
    Was that you playing Coldplay tunes on the piano around 2.30 this afternoon?
    Coldplay? Please. I have taste. :D

Anyways, I was still in bed at 2:30...

Pet wrote:
    Coldplay? Please. I have taste. :D

Anyways, I was still in bed at 2:30...

Phew, if it was you, you were going to be out of the band

John2 wrote:
    Phew, if it was you, you were going to be out of the band
    That was your 6000th post? Dissing coldplay!? For shame... that's way too easy

ApeXaviour wrote:
    That was your 6000th post? Dissing coldplay!? For shame... that's way too easy

It was 5999 I thought. I think my 6000 was far more mundane. I've stopped caring about hitting the x000 mark. When I get to 10000, then I'll do something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Hrmm the ub3r post spamming.... :) whats the highest on boards?

Victor I think with his seventeen billion posts

EDIT: Yeah, the top ten are in the stats in the menu up the top of the page

those stats are emm well dodgey...lots of people have had their post count re-set or fixed at 0 :)

those stats are emm well dodgey...lots of people have had their post count re-set or fixed at 0 :)
    only hobbes and ecksor come to mind

I don't think victor posted that much because I never noticed anything about his count til one day it was like 20,000. Seemed outta the blue

• Advertisement

his is probally a postcount was fixed then got unstuck so returned to its original level....(he really does have oodles of posts)

I should be in bed but I'm too tired to go upstairs

At home.

Trying to study.

It is not working.

Where did the day go? I got up at 8pm (I stayed up til yesterday on a mammoth music/drink/hangout binge so needed lots of sleep). It's almost 5am and I have done nothing of note today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I can't work out how to wrap up this damn essay I'm doing...
    Stupid Irish history and its intricacies... At least it's the penultimate one, and after these I'll never have to so much as read about it for as long as I live.

Studying's difficult.

Work on a normal day/light cycle!

John2 wrote:
    Work on a normal day/light cycle!

Tsk, 'normal' is such a subjective term. :p

According to Morrissey last night there's no such thing in life as normal. I love Morrissey. (fitting that a post saying "I love Morrissey" is in the moan thread)

Too much chocolate.

Sugar overload.

Bleurgh.

Can't sleep...clown'll eat me....can't sleep...clown'll eat me.....can't sleep...clown'll eat me..

I can't sleep (gee, who woulda thunk it?) and I have to be up early tomorrow. Curses. It's all my own fault though, for having such a bad sleep schedule this weekend.

Gah. I hate it when I can't blame it on someone else.

• Advertisement

You can blame it on me if you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement