Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Okay, and I'll also blame you for my sleeping in this morning and missing everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

You do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Can I blame you for something totally unrelated too?

It's your fault I haven't done a tap of study and finals are only 3 weeks away!

Yeah, that'll learn ya...

Everyone, blame me with what you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Uh john its your fault they havn't made a drug comercially available in irl to increase yer memory effectiveness, ffs.

• Advertisement

I'm working on that one

Had some more laundry-related annoyance today, but I caught the retard before he'd left and gave him a proper earful. I'm such an old man, it's great. All I need now is a walking stick to beat annoying children, and I'll be set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Pet wrote:
    I'm such an old man, it's great. All I need now is a walking stick to beat annoying children, and I'll be set.
    I'd love that. Not to excess, obvously. Just give them a tap: "Be quiet, you little ragamuffins!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Realising the severity of what I've just posted, I should like to point out that I do not condone violence towards children. I just found the idea of some young boys annoying an old man and he giving them a good wallop of his walking stick.

I should like to point out that I do not condone violence towards children.

I'd rather eat them instead. Mmm, tender.

• Advertisement

Uhh. Tequila + red wine + white wine = queasy ronan. :(

I have to get up at 12, so it's 5 hours sleep for me again, yay. I'm going to bed when most sensible people are getting up.

Oh, and whoever said Bellx1 are bland, I agree. They've been great for putting me to sleep, though. So boring it's like white noise.

The Official "rant/biTch/moan" Thread

Why for the inputting of the second capital T? AGH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Hayfever. :(

Aaaa - choo. (repeat. many,many times)

*streaming eyes*

Blah.

Myth wrote:
    Why for the inputting of the second capital T? AGH!
    I just noticed that there. Pah.

Oh, and I woke up sneezing today cuckoo - which is really bad, cos I'm usually only affected from July-August.

Oh yeah, and I stepped on broken glass in my room and cut my foot, which bled lots and lots, and now there's blood all over the damn carpet. I'll probably get fined by housekeeping. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Ronan, sometimes you remind me of that red haired guy on family guy "ooh, I stood on some glass", "ooh, my leg was blown off by a mine". Cut out the dead flesh with a dull penknife and pour salt into it like a man, after cauterising it with a blowtorch of course.

I don't watch family guy so that went over my head. But the cut was more of a nuisance than anything else, it made me bleed like a slaughtered pig, everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    Oh, and I woke up sneezing today cuckoo - which is really bad, cos I'm usually only affected from July-August.

Oh yeah, and I stepped on broken glass in my room and cut my foot, which bled lots and lots, and now there's blood all over the damn carpet. I'll probably get fined by housekeeping.
    Dead Ed wrote:
    Ronan, sometimes you remind me of that red haired guy on family guy "ooh, I stood on some glass", "ooh, my leg was blown off by a mine"
    http://www.dailyhaha.com/_soundboards/family_guy-mort_goldman.htm

LMAO! :D

It was just awful!

Edit: another awful, awful thing was that cold shower I just had. The hot water rations are obviously in force again. And damn, for a hot day that water was COLD.

:eek:

That is all.

Study does not come easy in the land of John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

John2 wrote:
    The land of John sounds an awful lot like the Land of ire in which I reside...

Sloth and lethargy are the Gods to which I pay homage - may they lead me, snoozing, through the horror of exams, without the necessity for study of any kind, shape or form.

Amen.

• Advertisement

Hmmm. I've got four weeks until my finals which I expect to look like this:

apocalypse3a.jpg

John2 wrote:
    I have sat staring at the same page of my biology book for hours.

It's like self-inflicted torture.

I'm actually going for hypnotherapy to help me study (no joke). It really has gotten that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I appreciate that the security men in college generally do a great job. However I don't appreciate muppetry and people trying to throw their weight around.

I took a five minute break from doing the paper a couple of minutes ago; if you walk down the corridor for Pubs there's a door that goes straight into Regent House. I went in and played the piano for about four or five minutes.

Cue big security man, walkie talkie and a lot of question: "Who are you? What do you think you're doing? Why are you playing the piano? Are you allowed to be in here?". There was some guy on the walkie talkie going, "Get her details, find out who she is, take her name...".

Walked the 10 steps back to the office and the security guy is still on the walkie talkie going "Do you want me to kick them all out?". Andrew had to ring the security desk and have some guy going "What the hell do you think you're doing?" with him trying to explain and the guy not letting him talk.

They said something about people possibly being woken up, which I immediately apologised for. But then got to thinking - Regent House is bounded on one side by House 6 (not residential) and House 5 on the other (not residential either). I do not believe that the piano playing was so loud that people could hear it in Houses 7 or 4 through two big buildings (especially since it was v out of tune and v quiet!).

I hate this thing of college being so regulated that if you walk into one room that you're not meant to be in security get all pissy and act like it's the biggest misdemeanour anyone has ever committed in the history of Trinity. I'm not a 5 year old kid and if I'm wrong then I'll always accept responsibility but this is ridiculous.

Anyway. Back to the paper.

Yeah, they can be a bit strict. Although sometimes the perpetrators deserve it. Like DURNS did when we had an insanely loud jamming session in our room two years ago. We got an official complaint from the exam hall as we were disrupting schols!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Nobody complained about the piggery?

BTW - any news on the reaction to the pigsurprise next door?

No news at all. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    I can't believe this - I have an exam at 2pm on May 20th. Munster are playing in their third Heineken Cuo final in seven years at 3pm that day, I'm going to miss the entire f***ing thing. This is one of the worst things ever :mad: :mad:
    headshake_tweetz.gif310.gif310.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ouch, that sucks, tho discovered i'd have to miss friday -> Sunday study if i wanted to head to the match, can't afford that much time off :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Hermione* wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    I can't believe this - I have an exam at 2pm on May 20th. Munster are playing in their third Heineken Cuo final in seven years at 3pm that day, I'm going to miss the entire f***ing thing. This is one of the worst things ever :mad: :mad:
    headshake_tweetz.gif310.gif310.gif
    Bet you're wishing that Leinster won now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Nope, not at all! :D Made the trip to Cardiff last time, and knew I wouldn't be able to go this time. But actually not watching the match ... this might actually be a first for me, missing a match completely :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement