Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

[edit: be nice...]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Joe banned for 24hrs for insult.

isn't rugby more or less the opposite? more associated with urban centre's rather than rural? I would have made that assocation anyway....

And limerick is a city but like......you know yourself.....
    infact it may not be a city anymore after that cencus if the mayor's fears come true :) [by european standards]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Nope, you're right, rugby isn't really popular with rural Ireland. I don't really think you could call Limerick anything but a city ... there are over 100,000 people living there after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Hermione* wrote:
    Nope, you're right, rugby isn't really popular with rural Ireland. I don't really think you could call Limerick anything but a city ... there are over 100,000 people living there after all!

You call that living?

*John2 is now marked by Limericians everywhere as an enemy*

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    You call that living?

*John2 is now marked by Limerickians everywhere as an enemy*

Yep, and I'm one of them :D Limerick's great, didn't you know that?! :D

Actually limerick's population is only about 54,000 as of the last census, the remainder of its population probally only 20,00 or so,(i've never seen a figure for limerick over 100k) is in castletroy n these places that are actually part of limerick county.

The limerick mayor was in the papers there last week regarding his fear that limerick would drop below the crucial 50k level due to match supportors staying in dublin after the game. And Limerick would loose funding from no longer being a city in the EU's eye's...

And having spent a grand portion of my life being schooled in limerick, 'great' would be an exaduration, but its not bad.......certainly not as bad as dub's seem to think....

TBH, that's the figure we were given for oral exam preparations and I've never bothered to verify it! :rolleyes: So apologies. But a large part of Limerick's suburbs are technically in Limerick county, so I think that skews the figures also.

I don't think the mayor has much to fear, most of them can go down on their Limerick census form as normally resident there. I neither want to, nor do, actually live in Limerick but it's still where I think of as home. It's nowhere near as unsafe as people'd imagine. Nowhere beats Limerick on a match weekend, Landsowne Road never produces the same atmosphere as Thomond imo. :D

Hermione* wrote:
    TBH, that's the figure we were given for oral exam preparations and I've never bothered to verify it! :rolleyes: So apologies.
    eh no worries, just an fyi from the ole paper, random facts ftw.
    But a large part of Limerick's suburbs are technically in Limerick county, so I think that skews the figures also.
    maybe like castletroy as a mentioned? ;) it being one of the bigger ones, then you have parteen, and i'd say raheen is outside the city too but i'm not sure....
    I don't think the mayor has much to fear, most of them can go down on their Limerick census form as normally resident there.
    Is it not the people who spent the night in the residence on last sunday? i'm pretty sure thats what my census form says but i'll have to check.
    It's nowhere near as unsafe as people'd imagine.
    I'd agree, though like my sister's car was part of a stabbing crime scene there the weekend before last....
    Nowhere beats Limerick on a match weekend, Landsowne Road never produces the same atmosphere as Thomond imo. :D
    Ah yeah Thomomd park is great, many a match i've been there for , some of the best ones hadda been school ones. causing all traffic on the ennis rd to stop for 10+mins as the school more or less moved across the road on their way to see a match :)

There's a section on the census form for people normally resident in the house but absent on that night. Castletrot, Raheen, Caherdavin would all be outside the corporation boundary as would some of the newer estates, the names of which I don't know :o I'd consider myself from Limerick city, born and educated there, so was my dad, my parents worked in the city but their house is on the Clare/Limerick border (just inside Co Limerick!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

This conversation is SOOOOOO not even a rant, a bitch, or a moan :P at least throw in a "oh, and er....Dublin's ****" at the end of the limerick lovin' like :D

My bad, but I figured he's a mod so if it was really out of line he'd stop posting responses. Am I banned?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Pfff, Ian's always out of line - even when not posting like.

Hermione* wrote:
    There's a section on the census form for people normally resident in the house but absent on that night.
    Hrmm cool, learn something new everyday..
    Castletrot, Raheen, Caherdavin would all be outside the corporation boundary as would some of the newer estates, the names of which I don't know :o I'd consider myself from Limerick city, born and educated there, so was my dad, my parents worked in the city but their house is on the Clare/Limerick border (just inside Co Limerick!)
    Clare-limerick border, i.e. parteen region or our near coonagh or ?
    My bad, but I figured he's a mod so if it was really out of line he'd stop posting responses. Am I banned?!
    Yeah the entire tcd board is pretty much OT, so work away.....
    Neil's just jealous that he's not from the mid-west :D

Well, to make up for not ranting enough:
    Am still in bloody ucd writing an essay on Mozart due tomorrow
    Have to find new people to move into my house by end of May to replace the nightmare housemates moving out
    Can't watch Munster's biggest match this year
    I'm getting eye strain from the computer :(

Edited: Course he is, then he'd be supporting a winning team!
    Meelick actually Ian, which'd be nearish to Coonagh. Straight out the road from Thomond!

ah yeah i know it, have a few m8's living there... you far out from the city (it stretches pretty far behind the radison there iirc)?

The Radison's in Co Clare as far as I know. Meelick's kinda behind there, on a back road, tiny place. We're actually as close to the city as Meelick village. We'd be about 2-3 miles outside the city, I'd imagine, but my sister and I used to walk into town in 50/60 minutes.

Hermione* wrote:
    The Radison's in Co Clare as far as I know. Meelick's kinda behind there, on a back road, tiny place.
    It is in clare, but one of the roads to get at that back road is down the side of it. (Ironically enough though as i'm sure you know it used to be called the limerick inn)
    We're actually as close to the city as Meelick village. We'd be about 2-3 miles outside the city, I'd imagine, but my sister and I used to walk into town in 50/60 minutes.
    Ah yeah i'd roughly know where so, nice area :) yer really a country girl then ;)

Nope Ian, I'm extremely urban! But my parents house happens to be in the country. As you say, it's a lovely area, even though the house is on the bottom of a mountain (Clare hills, but they look like mountains from the fromnt steps ... great view).

So as not to annoy the mods: Damn essay is nowhere near being finished!

Hermione* wrote:
    Nope Ian, I'm extremely urban! But my parents house happens to be in the country. As you say, it's a lovely area, even though the house is on the bottom of a mountain (Clare hills, but they look like mountains from the fromnt steps ... great view).
    I guess i'd class myself as urban also, though i'm quite a bit further out than you(near bunratty...).yeah Crackloe is a nice spot fer teh walks , nice view from the top...with its golf balls :)
    The mods? your discussion the locality with me, and you've neil wrapped around your little finger no doubt. Expecting hassle from Apex? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

*Growls malevolently...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Thanks to kevin I got as far as the third clue in the bebo trinity ball hunt thing. But from there I was stumped..I think some person, obviously not in the spirit of good gamesmanship, took the remaining clue from where it should have been. Boo-urns!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Can't sleep. Clown'll eat me. Have to be up at 7. ****.

Hermione* wrote:
    Best to be on the safe side ;) And I really really need a good mark on this essay, so that was a genuine rant. And the essay's not done yet either :(
    I guess i'd class myself as urban also, though i'm quite a bit further out than you(near bunratty...).yeah Crackloe is a nice spot fer teh walks , nice view from the top...with its golf balls :)
    That'd be the view we have from our house, of the golf balls ;) If I've a feeling it's one of the main reasons Dad bought our house. I've never actually walked all the way up the Clare Hills though so can't comment on the view from the top :o

Walked? eh i'll walk through the woods up there, but i'm far too lazy to walk all the way up....just drive........

Well i know they are for the airport(radar and/or communications i guess) n all, but really the term golf balls was used when i was lil and i've yet to hear a better name... pity they took the second one down...

O and for the sake of it(which in itself is ranting no?) in the library, boring.

Ugh, wasted valuable essay writing time going to two lectures, both last ones I'll have for that course. Both were on Northern Ireland(so weird that!), and neither lecturer gave any exam info at all. The first was terribly boring, the second mentioned lots of stuff I remembered from news bulletins when in school. What's with our history department thinking the Flood tribunal and Ben Dunne's Florida trips count as history? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

The Student Media Awards are tonight and good God it's nerve-wracking. I haven't been this nervous since... well I don't know. I'm too nervous to try and think of a witty yet apt analogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Hermione* wrote:
    What's with our history department thinking the Flood tribunal and Ben Dunne's Florida trips count as history? :rolleyes:
    Heh, I'm so glad I decided to give that lecture a miss today!:D

rant: Haven't even started this term paper that's due for Friday. 3,000 words. Worth 1/3 of the course. Boned.:(

• Advertisement

Today's history lecture was on the Northern Ireland peace process. Hume-Adams to today's current nightmare. Not as boring as my first lecture but still, would have been so much more helpful if all four lecturers had bothered showing up to reassure the final years on whom they inflicted such a strange and new compulsary course. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement