Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Lol "gymrabbit", peace and goodwill to all men as usual.

Just back from Collins' county. Have had a good Christmas so far, though I've an assignment or two to do over the Christmas holidays.

Just thrown on a fire in my parents house. Nicccccccccce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

gymrabbit wrote:
    If you've lost the receipt I can understand them being difficult about this but I reckon you chance going back and trying to talk to someone a bit more reasonable. Also name and shame the gits.

No I have the receipt, so it's not that. And I know it wasn;t their fault I picked the wrong book, but I have my suspicions that seventy euro college physics books might be hard to shift. Oh an it was in Hodges and Figgis (and if I get in trouble for naming them it's only because you said to heh!) Another thing is physics is really not even a major part of my course! However since it looks rather impressive on my bookshelf, things arent all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Myth wrote:
    Just back from Collins' county. Have had a good Christmas so far, though I've an assignment or two to do over the Christmas holidays.

Just thrown on a fire in my parents house. Nicccccccccce.
    Collins' country?

I'm back from the land of Tom Crean (who, apparently, I'm related to). Civilisation and public transport ftw; noise, pollution and concrete ftl. Dunno if I can be arsed calling out to Meath, though.

I just blew loads of 21st birthday cash in Dundrum. Oh, Virgin Megastores, you are an evil black hole of spending. Oh, and Bank of Ireland Credit Card Services are a bunch of lying, cocksucking, motherfucking cuntruffles, and I hope someone ejaculates into their eyes as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Pet wrote:
    Collins' country?

Cork, I'm guessing.

InFront wrote:
    No I have the receipt, so it's not that. And I know it wasn;t their fault I picked the wrong book, but I have my suspicions that seventy euro college physics books might be hard to shift. Oh an it was in Hodges and Figgis (and if I get in trouble for naming them it's only because you said to heh!) Another thing is physics is really not even a major part of my course! However since it looks rather impressive on my bookshelf, things arent all bad.

Maybe I'm more pleasant looking than you because H&F always change things for me.

Roro, what did you buy? And what did you think of Velvet Underground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I can't sleep. As usual. Where's Pet? We could set up a support group for people who can't sleep normal hours :rolleyes:

Can I join? I went to bed last night and spent 2 hours wide awake. Then, just as I was falling asleep, the gales last night knocked over our bin. I would have ignored it only it was put out for the bin collection today and it was lying across the road so up I got and put it back. I went back to bed, started falling asleep again and it happened again. On my third attempt at sleep I heard the bin fall over again so I jump up, put on my shoes and grab my coat and head outside to find that it wasn't our bin this time! At this point I was wide awake and spent another hour playing various versions of solitaire with a pack of dinosaur playing cards that the wonderfully handsome John Guiney (is watching you) gave me.

stargal wrote:
    I can't sleep. As usual. Where's Pet? We could set up a support group for people who can't sleep normal hours :rolleyes:
    Sorry, I was awake when you posted that though.

I couldn't sleep either, my shoulder/neck is really, really sore - dunno wtf happened, but it feels like tendonitis, and it's driving me round the twist. Grr!

John: I bought lots of DVDs and CDs (can't even remember half). Didn't get around to listening to anything yet, cos I'm still unpacking and all that, but I'll let you know when I do. Thanks again, btw.

Pet wrote:
    I bought lots of DVDs and CDs (can't even remember half).

Ah, the best way to shop! I've now got two to listen to piles, daunting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Pet wrote:
    Sorry, I was awake when you posted that though.

I couldn't sleep either, my shoulder/neck is really, really sore - dunno wtf happened, but it feels like tendonitis, and it's driving me round the twist. Grr!

John: I bought lots of DVDs and CDs (can't even remember half). Didn't get around to listening to anything yet, cos I'm still unpacking and all that, but I'll let you know when I do. Thanks again, btw.
    oooooooh, use the cream. Ooooh my sinuses. You just need the skullcap ronan!

Re: the sleep thing: "it's the weather" as me granny used to say, and probably still does from the home. I spend the long nights perusing all manner of vintage razors on ebay, which is starting to make me feel like an anorak or a murderer and I'm not sure which. I'll have to step away from the brink and make a move to railway locomotives or something less odd but equally nerdy, possibly celebrity spotting (think about it, one man's class 121 locomotive is another man's paris lohan spice richie spears) although that'd be a bit, y'know, funny.

Hey, I'm pretty sure I got that injury by headbutting someone in the face. Yeah, I know, I'm double-hard; so don't call me Mort Goldman, bitch.

Other stuff: I'm currently not getting any work done as my obsession with the Simple Life continues unabated, thanks to YouTube. It's sheer comedy gold. Nicole Richie is a legend.

Do you love it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Where abouts: Superquinn.

Well up today when I went to the doctors to be told that I had tracheal bronchitis and should not be in work. Its quite interesting actually, I keep wondering if I'm going to actually manage to cough up one of my lungs.

Apart from that its making me sore and tired and cranky and bitter and bitchy and sarky, demanding, anti-social, unable to sleep and poor company even for people who stalk the internet in the small hours.

And I think that this Christmas was the most ****ing stressful ever. I mean it was just so weird and tense and idfficult, that and I feel asleep at 7.30 at the table due to over tiredness and then there was the crying and the leaving and the blah de blah, though i was asleep for all of it but mmh..Bring on Hilary term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

First time on Boards in ages now, and it seems a bit dead. You can kind of hear the wind whistling through the TCD forum like some sort of ghost town.

I love exaggeration....

And exaggeration loves you back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I shouldnt be allowed talk to people. which is weird for someone who spends most of their time avoiding college and doing social activities JUST to talk to people, but really. I suck at it, i get flustered, I act like an idiot, and two seconds later I want to make it better but I can't.

****. **** **** **** **** ****.

PS, its not as bad as that, but i feel like a completely socially retarded eejit right now, so meh.

John wrote:
    And exaggeration loves you back

It's a tempestuous relationship, but all the better for it.

Don't worry crash, most of the memories will be gone tomorrow morning....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

that only works if I'm drunk. whereas I'm sober and still managed to do something that even a five year old would look at someone and go "man, he has no social skills" - ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well i'm curious, what u say and to who?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

crash and social skills are words i never thought i'd see together..

only messing neil!

rant: stargal is right, i would do eva green....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

poor company even for people who stalk the internet in the small hours.
    I think she means me. If it's any consolation, I'm not the best company either.

Crash - bang your head off a (plasterboard!) wall. It helps. Especially if you do it in front of whoever you said something stupid too. They'll think you're a bit weird, but that's better than them thinking you're an idiot with no social skills.

&#231 wrote: »
    that only works if I'm drunk. whereas I'm sober and still managed to do something that even a five year old would look at someone and go "man, he has no social skills" - ffs.
    Ha, that doesn't even merit the time spent worrying about it, unless it was at a job interview/funeral. Pick it up man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I think she means me. If it's any consolation, I'm not the best company either.

No that was written before I spoke to you. It was in reference to internet weirdos who IM me and then expect sex, and usually I tell them to shag off very nicely, but now I just yell at them.

And Crash look at where you are, look again at your social skills, or lack there of. A sense of clarity should descend.

Lyme disease is ****ing scary ****. God I hate ticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

quote off dilbert newsletter...
    One of my co-workers (who is originally from Arkansas, just FYI) told me one day that he knew for a fact that sex feels better for women than it does for men. I asked, "How do you figure that?" His reply was (and I am not making this up!), "Because when you put your finger in your ear and wiggle it around, it feels better to your ear than it does to your finger."

rofflecoptor!
    Pet wrote:
    Lyme disease is ****ing scary ****. God I hate ticks.

I don't think I've ever seen a tick. Do you live near animals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

John wrote:
    I don't think I've ever seen a tick.
    I've only seen ticks a couple of times. There's something very unsettling about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

man they're scary little yokes. and you can't just yank them out when they're inside you, you have to be clever/evil about it.

Burn them out

• Advertisement

John wrote:
    rofflecoptor!

I don't think I've ever seen a tick. Do you live near animals?
    They were around in Kerry when i went out hillwalking. Ugh. Vile, disgusting, disease-ridden bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

came across a few in kerry myself. ****ing **** county.

gymrabbit wrote:
    came across a few in kerry myself. ****ing **** county.
    Hey, it's not that bad. There's not much in the way of facilities or things to do outside the pub, but it's good for swimming/hiking/surfing/snorkelling and such, that's why I like to spend summer there. Although I guess my family is there, so free food/accommodation/lifts everywhere, etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

To answer pet's question in the woohoo thread (but I was gonna post it here anyway). I stopped doing my report about 4 hours ago yet I'm still up because of all the coffee and cigarettes I had :mad:

Hahaha. I'm up because this is my sleeping pattern for the past week. But in a hilarious twist of events, I have to get up in about 5 hours for practice with John and the band. Oh joy. (The getting up that is, I have no beef with practice.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 8thor2nd?

The days seem to be really disappearing with regards to holiday time and back in college time. My brother has a couple of weeks to go, stargal seems to have a month left. And I'm wasting it away on the internet. /me cries.

Ah for ****'s sake. I have to be up in five hours to play drums, and I'm tiiiiiired.

Curse this sleeping pattern, and curse the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 8thor2nd?

Yeah I'm going to sleep now. Screw you PET!

Pet wrote:
    Hahaha. I'm up because this is my sleeping pattern for the past week. But in a hilarious twist of events, I have to get up in about 5 hours for practice with John and the band. Oh joy. (The getting up that is, I have no beef with practice.)

He made it up in time and gave a sterling performance, hats off to our Roro!

I only made it up in time because of the ****ing FIRE ALARM THAT WOULDN'T SHUT UP. But thanks.

So, who wants to buy my SE K750i? The joystick is ****ed, but aside from that completely integral part of the phone, it's in great condition..

• Advertisement

How many texts does it hold? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    So, who wants to buy my SE K750i? The joystick is ****ed, but aside from that completely integral part of the phone, it's in great condition..
    That's the thing about sony ericssons. They're fantastic BUT if they have a joystick it inevitably goes to the dogs unreasonably quickly. It's a major major major flaw of them and put me off putting it on the aul christmas list.

Santa Cockburn went ahead and bought me one anyway :rolleyes:

Luckily for me though the w300i has one of those circle buttons instead of a joystick :)

John wrote:
    How many texts does it hold? :D
    Not enough, as I discovered today. :D

Pet wrote:

A few days ago my 750i completely froze up and now refuses to start up. I'd buy yours if it weren't for the joystick, which btw was not far from ****ed on my one also.

Troglodyte wrote:
    A few days ago my 750i completely froze up and now refuses to start up.
    I thought you were talking about a BMW there for a minute.

Pet wrote:
    Not enough, as I discovered today. :D
    God bless meteor. a gang of us sent 1200 free texts to a mate to try and jam up his 3310. It worked.

Dead Ed wrote:
    I thought you were talking about a BMW there for a minute.

A BMW 750i? God, I wish....

Easy mistake to make though.

If only a BMW dealer made that mistake.

Edit: Does that make sense? I want a BMW 750i is what I'm trying to say and I don't want to pay for it. However ownership should be legitimate and the fooling of a BMW dealer must also occur. Anyone know any of those brain tricks in which you get people to pay you and convince them they've been paid? No? Ok. I wanna get rich fast.

Unlikely he ever will though. And that's the thing about life, isn't it? Really lovely mistakes like that never, ever seem to happen, while the screw-ups that you really don't want do. Like the way that illnesses seem to afflict the nicest people, and the rotten s**ts that you'd wish plague and pestilence upon seem to sail through everything unaffected.

/bizarre rant

• Advertisement

Yeah, Poor saddam!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement