Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm 20. If i can still throw pigs around in the place at a gig (and how!) then i can still pull pranks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I'm only nineteen. By default, I'm more puerile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

&#231 wrote: »
    I'm 20. If i can still throw pigs around in the place at a gig (and how!) then i can still pull pranks :)

Rant ... immaturity ... nah, forget it, I'm in too good a mood. Can't rant. Be childish ;)

I bought new jeans today, but I have to bring them back tomorrow, because, when I brought them home, I realised they looked and made me look... dorky or something. It was weird. Anyway, back to the shop with them tomorrow.

hah. going to hold that one against you now. i'm gonna act like a childish brat from now on, and when you tell me to grow up, i'll throw a pigsback.com pig at you and run around laughing.

or not. i'm kinda thinking not. :)

• Advertisement

hah. going to hold that one against you now. i'm gonna act like a childish brat from now on, and when you tell me to grow up, i'll throw a pigsback.com pig at you and run around laughing.

Good thought. I'd advise you to keep it ;)
    Still too happy to rant so will have to post off-topic. Oh well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

they seem to have started binding all periodicals in blue covers. They used to be varied. Now it takes me ages to find things I want in the library because I have to actually read the boring names rather than just finding the red/green ones that I wanted.

Something tells me I've been spending too long in the library coming up with reasons not to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

point and case.

any prank at this stage is going to involve pigs isnt it?

come to think of it there's a pig impailed on one fo the spikes at the gmb, you could impail pigs on every spike in college though that would a take alot of time... hmm im not so good on the whole prank front. i've switched my brain off as i must study sociology soon

gilroyb wrote:
    they seem to have started binding all periodicals in blue covers. They used to be varied. Now it takes me ages to find things I want in the library because I have to actually read the boring names rather than just finding the red/green ones that I wanted.
    You're the first person I've heard complaining about that. They're in alphabetical order under each Dewey number, so hopefully that helps!

any prank at this stage is going to involve pigs isnt it?
    I'd say so. Any good pig-based ideas, anyone?

• Advertisement

actually i'm thinking of doing this:

http://nynerd.com/real-life-mario-blocks/

around campus randomly.

either that or try and think up an MIT hack style prank.

actually i'm thinking of doing this:

http://nynerd.com/real-life-mario-blocks/

around campus randomly.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

europerson wrote:
    You're the first person I've heard complaining about that. They're in alphabetical order under each Dewey number, so hopefully that helps!

I really don't think that's a complement. Ah well.

My problem is when they're all waiting to be reshelved in the morning and you need to find a particular article before that person who collects every reading on the list gets to them. The fun of final year.

gilroyb wrote:
    you need to find a particular article before that person who collects every reading on the list gets to them. The fun of final year.
    They're in every year. Usually a mature student.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Bloody mature students, they're such swots. Pffh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    Bloody mature students, they're such swots. Pffh.

Yeah but they never really understand what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

"Where am I? Where are my pills?"

And they stop in the middle of labs like old people on Grafton Street who stare ahead with a look of vacant confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Thank you, Dublin Bus, for this fantastic new service. You really do surpass anything I've ever seen in terms of brilliance.

bus.jpg

And there's no such thing as a 66C: it goes 66, 66A, 66B, 66D. What's wrong with C?

Thank you, Dublin Bus, for this fantastic new service. You really do surpass anything I've ever seen in terms of brilliance.

bus.jpg

*stretches, yawns and gloats in all my Luasy goodness*

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    *stretches, yawns and gloats in all my Luasy goodness*
    I didn't get Halls for next year and I didn't get Schols, so I'll have to live in the real world. Boo-urns. I hope I'm near a LUAS or a DART though, because I don't like buses very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

When you think about it, it's kinda your own fault for living in Leixlip in the first place. I mean, really...it's not even in Dublin, so they're doing you a favour by trekking out that far.

shay_562 wrote:
    When you think about it, it's kinda your own fault for living in Leixlip in the first place. I mean, really...it's not even in Dublin, so they're doing you a favour by trekking out that far.

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Got my schol results today. Overall average 59:mad: :( All I got was two poxy exemptions. Missed out on one subject exemption by 1%. Now I wish I would have handed in some of the homeworks for that course, it could have made a difference. Im so ****ing depressed now:(

I don't think assignments are counted in schols results, only your exam results. At least it's that way in science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Yeah but the lecturer was always harping on about how if you were borderline theyd look at the homework you submitted and if you submitted a lot theyd give you the benefit. Thing is I did most of them but couldnt be arsed doing out copies to give to the TA's. It just didnt strike me as important at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

dublin bus sucks

bus eireann is where its at. i'm sure i've said this on boards before. reclining seats, air conditioning, and when you pay you pay for a seat, not entry to the inside of a moving vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Eh i've had to stand on many a bus eireann trip...........

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Just Had A Very Very Trying Phonecall Norton..

• Advertisement

Never had to stand on bus eireann, thank God. And only once on the train, til all the commuters got out in Tipperary. I avoid Dublin Bus most of the time, by either getting the Dart or walking. *hugs great location of my house*

Boo, what a terrible day. :mad: I got drenched walking to college. I slept it out and wasn't in time to walk to college with my human alarm clock/ best friend. I slept it out cos when the alarm went off at six, I woke up and realsed the cramp in my right calf was agony, and had to distort myself very uncomfortably to reach over and shut the alarm up. Fell asleep, woke up when my friend rang me, realised leg was still in agony, and then fell asleep again as he'd predicted I would. Didn't even sleep well. I eventually got up at ten, and realisefd people had stolen the end of my milk so I couldn't make coffee. So I had to go to tesco and get groceries, since I've been living off air, water, coffee, and whatever crap ucd sells and pretends is food.

And I've an exam tomorrow and I only know one out of the three topics. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement