Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivers For MD8800 Aldi PC

Options
  • 31-08-2006 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just wanted to know if anyone found any drivers for the 'NVIDIA Geforce 6700XL' graphics card? Seems to crash the PC when trying to run 'Half-Life2'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

More info!
    What driver are you running? what operating system? how much ram have you? what drivers have you tried?
    Doesn't sound like a driver issue to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Any chance it crashes when something specific happens as opposed to randomly? I have had a problem on several Nvidia cards where a certain action like an enemy attacking me with baton on the opening levels always prompted a crash....never happened with Ati cards, and drivers didn't fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Might be, might not be a driver issue though Valve have said the biggest problem is usually out of date drivers.

I'm guessing this 6700XL is a unique item for Aldi but I checked the nv4_disp.inf in the latest official release and that card is supported.

Download these drivers and install them, then let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

The 6700XL is a card unique to Aldi Medion supplied with the Medion 8800, its supposed to be a 6600GT. Download the nVidia Forceware drivers from Guru3D.com (91.47 are the latest). You could also have a look here:
    http://medion.adslweb.co.uk/phpbb2/portal.php
    It's the unofficial Aldi Medion forum - there's an 8800 section where the same problem is discussed.

You can also download driver updates from: http://www.medion.co.uk/ Go to Service & Support, you'll need the machine serial number.

Advertisement