Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Help about BB! :/

• 31-08-2006 2:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I need a bit of help :/
    I just got a new 6mg NTL line in but it dosent seem to work on my pc :( I have office 2000, its a good enough machine with 256mb ddr 2gb hard drive and plenty of memory, do i need to change my ports or something to get it going?

The computer only seems to want to try to connect through the normal dial up modem which is still there, obviously i can only connect the BB to the computer by the LAN card, do i need to try and switch the computer to recognise the lan card for the net rather than it trying to use the modem?

Any help at all would be great lads! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭girldef

You need to disable the option to dial up when you want to connect to the internet.
    To do this open Internet Explorer, Go to Tools then Internet Options, click on the Connections tab, Choose the option "never dial a conneciton" and then apply and then ok. When you reopen it shouldn't ask you to dial up and should connect to the internet.

Hope this works.
    If not you made need to make sure you are obtaining an IP address automatically. Found this on Google to help do that.
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/w2ktcpip.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Thanks for the reply,
    Unfortunately it still isnt working :/
    When i try to connect it still brings up te old dial up connection to try to get onto the net. Any other idea's?

Advertisement