Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enemy Territory : Quake Wars

Options
  • 31-08-2006 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Ok since I and a good few others from the BF forum will be moving onto Quake Wars rather than bf2142 (as EA have screwed us once too many times), I thought id post up a little thread to see what interest there is from the current quake community in the upcoming ET:QW.

So lads whos buying it when it comes out? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

I'll be getting the demo before I buy but it looks very good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

tig will be moving to ETQW lock stock and barrel, thats if we can tear ourselves away from playing Flatout2. #quakewars.ie channel created if peeps want to chat it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

We don't want BF'rs. Nah you're alright. Just prepare to have your asses handed to ye.

LOL do you ET guys even know how what an in game vehicle is? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Giblet wrote:
    We don't want BF'rs. Nah you're alright. Just prepare to have your asses handed to ye.
    A fair chunk of us BF people (especially TiG) were playing Quake when you were still swimming around your daddies bollocks.

(sorry, but since this is the Quake board, I just couldnt help a mock-flame :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    A fair chunk of us BF people (especially TiG) were playing Quake when you were still swimming around your daddies bollocks.

/me was playing Quake back in the day, never played ET but a well, in-game vehicles FTW!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

when is it out lads?

FuzzyLogic wrote:

I was playing Shareware quake when it came out little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

when is it out lads?
    Officially march or so :(
    So probably may...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

there are topics in the quake forum? :eek:

bf2142 will probably be a stop-gap for qw... looking forward to this. it might be the first game i play on my next rig :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

QW is quakeworld, so be careful! We don't want some confused newbies mistakenly starting up a game of quakeworld, as the damage to their egos in the ensuing pounding may be irreversible.

"How do you jump like that?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Steven wrote:
    QW is quakeworld, so be careful! We don't want some confused newbies mistakenly starting up a game of quakeworld, as the damage to their egos in the ensuing pounding may be irreversible.

"How do you jump like that?"

ooo apologies. this whole migration from the battlefield forum will take some practise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

There is an Enemy Territory community already in Ireland, I'd say there will be plenty of interest.

And anyone who thinks that BF2142 will fill the gap between BF2/Current FPS and ETQW is sadly mistaken, its tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

will be buying quake,a change from bf,getting a little bored with bf2 at moment,maybe played too much for too long periods ,who knows
    any ways ,is a chnge of pace and different game ,alway was great to play ,so new version is looking good,reading about the next 2142 bf,doesn't sound good and feed back from others

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Giblet wrote:
    I was playing Shareware quake when it came out little man.

Shareware quake, pffft, I was playing since the BETA version.

QTest actually and yes I had it too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

cant wait for this..i play enemy territory every day..and since thisd game is quite smilier in ways ..looks like ill be doing the exact same thing with quake wars..its gonna be good the way all of us irish will be playing the same game now..instead of split into groups of bf,cod etc..should make a etqw irish clan :)

There will be a clan, but none of you losers will be in it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

here! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement