Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What odd things do you do in your sleep?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

well im going to thailand next week for two months with my boyfriend so maybe its just all the excitement!
    Sounds like that might be part of the reason anyway!

i have no idea what i sound like or anything, you were saying how you heard yourself laughing as you were falling asleep that would freak me out soo much

Ha,I dunno,I found it pretty funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 amptypockets

Ha,I dunno,I found it pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

but did ya not think there was someone else in the room??;) other than himself like...

i am a really really heavy sleeper it takes a lot to wake me up and i always have "nighttime activity" (i dont mean peeing btw) and so is my brother and hes the same- more of a walker than a talker though
    however my fella is a really light sleeper and he NEVER talks/walks/kicks out etc. is there any link between how heavy a sleeper is and whether they have these kind of occurences? i find it really interesting, for example do i sink deeper into
    REM sleep/my subconcious and therefore completely have no awareness of anything that i'm doing- whereas someone who is a light sleeper would be more aware of their behaviours and not "act up"

so do those of you who have experienced all these mad things find you are havy or light sleepers?
    or is it all completely random?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

but did ya not think there was someone else in the room??;) other than himself like...

i

I think I was just too sleepy to be freaked out tbh. I just hear it as I was drifting off and then after about a second I realised it was me and dozed off again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭Archeron

[/QUOTE]

so do those of you who have experienced all these mad things find you are havy or light sleepers?
    or is it all completely random?[/QUOTE]

I'm actually quite a light sleeper, and when I was young and making my zombie noises, my brother (when he wasnt banging his head off the wall) would often tell me to shut up. More often than not, I heard him first time, and just answered by saying "yeah, sorry". Five minutes later, mmmwwwaaaaahhhh.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

I keep havin a dream where there loads of zombies and im tryin to crack their necks, but i cant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I remember when I was younger the old man gave out to me for cursing in my sleep....how exactly am I supposed to control it like? :rolleyes: Then I called him an arsehole :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

A few nights ago I was I was reading in bed and the other half was asleep. He started the usual mumbling then rolled over to face me and opened his eyes. He said "Is that throwing up problems for you?" I laughed and said "Ye what?" and he said "Can I have your staff ID number?" I giggled and then he seemed really confused and I knew he'd been asleep the whole time he spoke to me (despite having his eyes open) and only afterwards was he awake.

The eyes open and talking was kinda freaky though :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I stop breathing for about 20-30 seconds every few minutes when I'm asleep. Scares the crap out of herself, especially when I've been drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

feylya wrote:
    I stop breathing for about 20-30 seconds every few minutes when I'm asleep. Scares the crap out of herself, especially when I've been drinking.
    I get this too. Scares my wife. Should this be checkout by a doctor?

On the other side of the bed, my wife sleeps with her eyes wide open, and funnily my 11 yr old daughter also does. Freeky as hell cause there is no way of knowing if they are awake or a sleep.

Since I live in Japan, we sleep on Futons (mattresses) on the floor.
    When any of our friends and their kids sleep over we put all the women and kids in one room (this is earthquake country, so this way if we have to we can gather the clan easily to escape) I allway look in last thing at night to make sure everyone is ok. It is so funny to see how everyone has managed to roll across the futons to end up against the walls. No ****, the whole middle of the floor is clear, but the walls are packed head to toe. I will take a photo next time and post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I'm just getting over a cold and I've noticed that I do the oddest thing.
    For the past week, I'll be dreaming that I'm talking to someone.
    And in reality, I am humming with my mouth closed to the words as I speak in my dream.

I don't think I've ever done this in the past, but it's been four early mornings in a row I've awakened myself up from my own humming. I sure hope I stop doing that soon! I don't like it!

Anyone else heard of this?
    Maybe early stages of actually talking in my sleep? (Oh that would be a very bad thing).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Thank Allah, now that I am well, this behaviour has ended! (Well... that I know of!)

\0/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

When someone asks me a question in my sleep, I immediatley identify their voice. If its someone I dont like, I give a thick, sarcastic answer and lie to them. If it's someone, I like, I just answer there question awfully stupidly....

This all happens without me knowing. the next day, when they say it to me, i can remember everything as if I was awake when i said it...

Just a couple of nights ago, My brother asked me where the blank cd's were, he thought I was awake, but I was asleep. i replied: "Maybe there stuck up my hole. If they are, they're a bit useless, like yourself". Thats me when I'm asleep....

I also can be thinking as well when i'm asleep, i can jump up in the middle of the night and realise i forgot to do something online or plug out something... like forgot to pack my PE gear or even set an alarm for school in an hours time!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

My eldest son talks in his sleep. Nothing unusual in that... but in Latin????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

My eldest son talks in his sleep. Nothing unusual in that... but in Latin????
    is he fluent in latin? or just learning it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

I have conversations with the characters of my dreams and then get infected by violent spasms which awakes me :o

those bells are quite disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭Archeron

I have conversations with the characters of my dreams and then get infected by violent spasms which awakes me :o

those bells are quite disturbing

Is this where your whole body spasms and wakes you? I get this on occasion, and its usually when I'm dreaming of cycling or moving at speed and I fall. then my whole body jerks like I just got a shock. Really weird feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

I went through a fase of fighting in my sleep, not just flapping your arms around really vicious punching and kicking. Most of the time it was fine as my pillow was my sparring parner but occasionally I would wake up and find bf gone. So I'd go see where he was and would normally find him on the couch. Thankfully I don't do this anymore!
    Another one that I do is open my eyes and stare. I wouldn't be looking at anyone or anything but just staring into space. And apparently my eyes glow in the dark when I'm asleep. I've managed to completely freak out friends as I have green/hazel eyes so all they'd see is glowing green eyes staring at them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I've been told that I lean over and stare at people when I sleep... It's so strange 'cause sometimes I can't even remember doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

my ex used to talk in his sleep. Camping at glastonbury he woke me up and asked me did i get across the river. we'd been talking about crystal maze that night. also people walking around out side tent and he jumped up and said theres people in this tent, theres people in this tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

I generally sleep sans garments! For about a year a couple of years back I used to wake up and very silently and sneakily put my jocks back on. My brain was telling me that I was sharing the bed with someone male close to me (usually my brother or best mate) and that I shouldn't be doing that naked even though I would always be in bed with the missus. I was always conscious of what I was doing and would remember it in the morning but could never figure out why my head was telling me to do that. I snapped out of it eventually I think by just telling myself that if it happened again I didnt need to cover up and sure enough when I woke up with that 'feeling' I would kind of wake myself to consciousness. Very weird!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I steal the covers off my girlfriend, all night long. SHe wakes up and pulls them back and I do it again. I think it's funny, hehe.

I steal the covers off my girlfriend, all night long. SHe wakes up and pulls them back and I do it again. I think it's funny, hehe.

Thats just evil, I won't be suprised if the poor girl freezes to death:rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

last night i dreamt the tide levels in galway were going to exceed 8 metres, there's flood warnings this weekend and its not uncommon but still wierd

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Doomspell wrote:
    Thats just evil, I won't be suprised if the poor girl freezes to death:rolleyes: :D
    Apparatly I now try to hug her in my sleep and end up getting her in a headlock.
    :D

EDIT; i have to sleep on the floor beside her bed tonight. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

I sometimes have vicious nosebleeds, have punched in walls and taken down lamps with violent outbursts too.

EDIT; i have to sleep on the floor beside her bed tonight. :(

ah good, the girl has sense then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I urinate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

When I was younger I used to wear pajamas, and a fair few time i used to wake up naked, and my pajamas were nowhere to be found. Also, one time i had a dream that I went out to the kitchen and got myself a digestive biscuit, then I woke up and i had a digestive biscuit in my mouth.

Also nowadays, if i fall asleep during the day for whatever reason, if im woken up suddenly and asked questions, i wont have a clue whats going on, on one of these instances I was woken up and told by the person who did the waking that they were going out, I spent ages trying to make some sort of pun before realising what was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kilkenny

angelbaby wrote:
    My friends always take the p*ss out of me for it though because they can ask me anything when im asleep and il give them an honest answer to everything. Many secrets have slipped out because it!!:mad:

I used to do that when younger ... dangerous! One night a few of us were staying round at a friend's house, and I fell asleep first, and they decided to interrogate me ... a gang of 16 / 17 year old lads, you can guess about what! Unfortunately, I admitted to doing the wild thing with one of their sisters, which he wasn't supposed to know about!!! He DID talk to me again, after about a week ... when I finally convinced him that I had only been shamming sleep, and ripping the piss out of him! The fact that his sister kept pulling a face and going "Him?! You must be f**king kidding me!" probably helped, though it was kinda annoying all the same! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Kilkenny wrote:
    I used to do that when younger ... dangerous! One night a few of us were staying round at a friend's house, and I fell asleep first, and they decided to interrogate me ... a gang of 16 / 17 year old lads, you can guess about what! Unfortunately, I admitted to doing the wild thing with one of their sisters, which he wasn't supposed to know about!!! He DID talk to me again, after about a week ... when I finally convinced him that I had only been shamming sleep, and ripping the piss out of him! The fact that his sister kept pulling a face and going "Him?! You must be f**king kidding me!" probably helped, though it was kinda annoying all the same! :D

Wouldnt it be hilarious if he was reading this thread?

Advertisement