Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell screens suck?

• 31-08-2006 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am considering getting a dell laptop but a friend told me their screens suck and pale in comparison to most other manufacturers. And he said this is true of even the "true life" ones.

Is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No.

Truelife screens, in my opinion, are particularly good actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

1920x1200 resolution playing Halflife 2 or F.E.A.R.!
    There the best screens around!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dj_collinator

My Inspiron 6000 screen sucks ok......It has a habit of going white every now and then. Dell wernt of much help to me...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

I tink there ok last one I had was grand,but I was wearing my react-to-light sunglasses at the time you need to get a real lappie if you want decent res there ok for a few weeks but you need to get extra headache tablet supplies in after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭HemmingSay

I've a inspiron9400 w/ true life -- sharp, clear and high res. wide screen is great, but it's really reflective. especially when in direct sunlight, or displaying dark colours - which it does brilliantly(i hate washed out black) - but I'd much prefer it without the shiny coating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

goreill2 wrote:
    I am considering getting a dell laptop but a friend told me their screens suck and pale in comparison to most other manufacturers. And he said this is true of even the "true life" ones.

Is this true?

Depends entirely on the specific screen you are talking about. Theres a big range of different screen on different models, never mind different manufacturers. For me Sony's are the best. Everything comes after that. Dells are in the middle for me.

Advertisement