Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB Macro problem in Excel

Options
  • 31-08-2006 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I wrote a macro yesterday and tested it successfully on a backup version of a file. It essentially takes data from one worksheet, identifies the correct row in another sheet and writes it into the correct cells. All good.

Today I copied it over to a more up-to-date version, and tried to run it.

Today however, I cannot write data to the cells on the second worksheet.

Even using a simple command like Range("B5") = 6 on it's own in a macro doesn't work in this sheet, whereas they do work in other sheets.

Are there any properties of a sheet that prevent a macro from writing to it? Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

A sheet can be protected under Tools->Protection. Individual cells can also be locked from the Protection tab in Format Cells, but this has no effect unless the sheet itself is protected as above. I had the exact same problem before and can't remember if that's how I fixed or not :o I'll post back up if I remember any more.

Advertisement