Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest DSL Broadband

• 31-08-2006 9:52am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know what the cheapest DSL broadband package, including line rental and an always on connection is??

Is there any package out there for less than €30?? Ideally it would be 512K+ download and not too bothered about upload.

Am I asking for too much here??

Any help appreciated. I live in Clane area and I don't seem to have any choice regarding wireless either for a respectable fee.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

BT has 1mg DSL for 20 euro per month plus 40 euro for self-install, you don't need to give them your phoneline, you just stay with your phone provider.

Regards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

stanley1 wrote:
    BT has 1mg DSL for 20 euro per month plus 40 euro for self-install, you don't need to give them your phoneline, you just stay with your phone provider.

Regards
    But that works out at €44.50 including line rental. I'm looking for something around the €30 mark.

Gaelic telecom has a similar package for €11.99 which includes free off peak phone calls and a once off €49.99 connection/install fee. Sounds like a much better deal but it's still €35+ for this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

gaelic is better known as imagine and is a master of hidden charges

perlico also appear cheap but charge per mb if you bust the cap, as do utv

all the above demand your line rental too, at full price €24.20 a month of course.

all is not as it seesm amongst the cheapies out there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Ballyman wrote:
    Does anyone know what the cheapest DSL broadband package, including line rental and an always on connection is??

Is there any package out there for less than €30?? Ideally it would be 512K+ download and not too bothered about upload.
    The cheapest "rental included" DSL package will cost you €35. BTs "1 Mb Broadband & Talk" package is probably the best deal, unless you're on a Smart enabled exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

If you can get smart go with them. They have a 3mb package including line rental for 35 euros.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Zebedee

That's a big if.

I've been waiting three months and counting....

Advertisement