Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Router

• 31-08-2006 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Ok so im having NTL broadband installed in a couple of weeks and once i have it i want to immediately set up a wireless router to get broadband around the house.
    Just wondering if a few people on boards could give me some helpful tips on what Router i should be looking to be getting(probably from ebay)??
    What kind of installation is involved and how tricky is it as i have not done it before?
    And will the laptop pick it up straight away or do i have to change some settings?(yes its wireless enabled)
    I have a few mates who have it but i cant get a straight answer out of them on my questions as it ends up becoming a my Router and Broadband is better and quicker than yours debate as im sure you can imagine.
    many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to wireless forum.

And I'd recommend the WRT54GL.

But Netgear and Dlink also make good routers.

Just follow the instructions to set up the router, it's not too difficult and they usually do it step by step. I'd set it up without any encryption or anything to make sure it's all working. Then go back and turn on the encyption to stop random people using your broadband.

Read the FAQ's sticked at the top of forum for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Thanks for the help, didnt see the Wireless forum so apologies for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Ok so im having NTL broadband installed in a couple of weeks and once i have it i want to immediately set up a wireless router to get broadband around the house.
    Just wondering if a few people on boards could give me some helpful tips on what Router i should be looking to be getting(probably from ebay)??
    If you're ucky, NTL might provide a wireless router. Some people have managed to get one by having the PC at the far end of the house form the cable point - it's cheaper for NTL to give you a wireless router than to have the installer run cable!

Advertisement