Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Mobile TV ends today!!!!!

• 31-08-2006 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

I just got 4 texts from VF to advise that to avoid charges of Eur1.99 a week for Sky News and another Eur 1.99 a week for Sky Entertainment package I must go onto VF Live and cancel in ''My Subscriptions''.

Im going to do it now , at least they sent a reminder SMS. I thought they would be sneaky and just bill me !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Yeah I got eight texts. Don't even remember subscribing to half of them..
    Cancelling now.... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭iplogger1

Dellas wrote:
    I just got 4 texts from VF to advise that to avoid charges of Eur1.99 a week for Sky News and another Eur 1.99 a week for Sky Entertainment package I must go onto VF Live and cancel in ''My Subscriptions''.

Im going to do it now , at least they sent a reminder SMS. I thought they would be sneaky and just bill me !!!!

I got 2 texts this morning to remind me.
    However, I can't find the "My subscriptions" option anywhere from within
    the myVodafone or vodafoneLive menus on the website.
    I phoned 1907, busy for 4-5mins and they told me they would unsubscribe
    me. I enquired if I'd get a text to confirm I had been unsubscribed and
    the agent put me on hold for 1min and came back and said she had arranged
    for a text to be sent to me but that was beyond what they were normally
    doing following a request to unsubscribe via telephone.

I asked her as to where the "My subscriptions" option is on the vodafoneLive
    website and she told me that "we are having difficulties with that at the moment" line....

I really hope this isn't some kind of silly trap where they are making it
    difficult for people to unsubscribe.

Has anyone else found it easy to unsubscribe this morning.

Until I get the confirmation text saying I've been unsubscribed I'll remain
    suspicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭iplogger1

OK. In addition to phone call to 1907 and request to unsubscribe
    I managed to find the "My subscriptions" option on "My page"
    section of VodafoneLive on my 3G Phone (Sony/Ericsson v800).

I've unsubscribed. It tells me that the subscription expires
    on 01/09/2006.
    I sincerely hope this means that I will not be billed for the
    week 01/09/2006 - 08/09/2006.

I've not received any confirmation texts so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

are any of ye NOT cancelling this service?tried it out for a week but hated it,to awkward to use.to be honest it would be easier to have a client on the phone where you select what channels to watch,not this going into vodafone live crap!orange uk has done this and its a great success....anyone agree?

damo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I subscripbed to 2 of these services earlier in the month and the quality was unwatchable it kept breaking up, now I want to unsubscribe and i got my 2 alerts telling me that i need to go to my subscriptions under vodaphone live but I cant find this option anywhere either on vodaphone live or on the website... this is really annoying me.. Ive a Sharp 550sh if someone can tell me how to unsubscribe where to go about it. They have obviously made it very hard for you to unsubscribe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Gonzo wrote:
    I cant find this option anywhere either on vodaphone live or on the website... this is really annoying me.. Ive a Sharp 550sh if someone can tell me how to unsubscribe where to go about it. They have obviously made it very hard for you to unsubscribe.

I've not actually signed up for mobile tv myself, but my guess is that you can unsubscribe in the subscriptions section on vodafone live - the subscriptions link is under the third 'tab' page (has a star on it on my phone). At the bottom of this page is a 'My Vodafone' section and listed underneath it is a 'My Subscriptions' link. You'll probably find some entry for mobile tv or sky tv in here.

Advertisement