Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone PLZ check this stuff for me?

• 31-08-2006 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi.

Can anyone playing WoW in a laptop with an ATI card at 1280x800 please do me a great favor and check out one thing? It will only take you a few seconds! Please check this situation:

When I set the multisample setting (in the video options) to use anti-aliasing ("24-24-2x" or higher) and then try to access the map while im playing, I get thin pixel lines around the edges of the screen (maybe one or two pixel thick) that keep displaying the "images" of the game. It's like as if the map is overlaping the whole screen EXCEPT for the edges, where it keeps displaying what is going on in the game.

If I set the multisample to "24-24-1x" (i.e., no anti aliasing), the map shows fine (the screen edges are black as they should be, regardless of what is happening in the game).

I play in my laptop with 1280x800 resolution and with an ATI Mobility X1600 card (using the latest drivers) and all the other game settings are maxed out (except for terrain distance and anisotropic filtering).

Can anyone please check if this also happens to you? I just want to make sure it's a bug from the game (and not something related to my computer).

Thank you very very much in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

1280x800 isn't a standard res. 1280x768 is. I'm guessing your extra bit on the vertical is where the stuff is displaying.
    How you are getting that res I don't know. I run at 1280x768 and I certainly don't have that problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sueisfine

Hi Crimson and thanks a lot for your quick answer !!

1280x800 IS the standard res for people like me who play in a 15.4" widescreen laptop :D 1280x800 is the native res of my laptop screen and of any 15.4" laptop screen.

1280x800 is one of the "Resolution" options in the game's Video Options and, of course, is the one that i'm using to play.

The weird stuff is that the issue ONLY happens when u turn on Anti-Aliasing :confused:

Any thoughts??? Anyone??

Thanks again !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

I have a widescreen laptop and running the same res, I can check it out tonight for you when I get home from work.

Thank you a lot Damo, I really appreciate it !!!

Remember, test it with Anti-Aliasing ON (i.e., multisampling: 24x-24x-2x or higher). When Anti-Aliasing is OFF (24x-24x-1x) the issue doesn't show.

Once again, thanks a lot !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

My laptop only has an X700, but here is hoping it can go that high.

• Advertisement

Hi Damo, sorry to bother :((

So did you had the chance to check this issue in your lap ??

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just quick question, is wow a subscription game, and how much does it cost per month?

Per month is 12,99€... but you have the option of paying upfront for 3 or even 6 months (with a small discount).

But you can find all the detailed info on the WoW Europe site (www.wow-europe.com).

ps.: I'm assuming you're an european... :)

Advertisement