Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McCan't Does it Again

• 31-08-2006 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

According to this weeks News & Star Mr McCan't was the sole Objector to a planned development of 406 Houses in Carrickpherish. I do not know what his reasons are but this is ridiculous.

The City Council have provided advanced infrastructure to accomodate 5,000 houses in the new neighbourhood North West Suburbs and will be of sufficient density to provide economic public transport (Green Party Policies)

What does McCann want!!! I wish someone would invent a time machine so he could have his wish and go and live in Viking Times.

I think he is living on very dangerous ground as someone somewhere will get very annoyed at the Millions of Euro worth of develoment that he has put on hold indefinately and will not think twice about having someone come knock on his door. If that happens he will have brought it upon himself as he should not be the judge and jury on all development in Waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

How about someone just push him (accidently of course) into the Suir off the Waterford bridge. Preferably at high tide...It must be very tempting indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Lousy bastard. This is exactly the sort of development the city needs. It is very enlightened development from the city council. He even gives serial objectors a bad name! :mad:

If he was in Dublin they'd have passed a law to curb him by now...

Really hope it goes through. It sounds like a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

The man is a serial objector, nothing can be done unless they change the laws to stop him. Is McCann still a member of the green party?

angry_fox wrote:
    The man is a serial objector, nothing can be done unless they change the laws to stop him. Is McCann still a member of the green party?

Nothing legal at any rate. Apparently so, put down a potential coup against him a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Is he still in the WIT ?

• Advertisement

Junior wrote:
    Is he still in the WIT ?

To the best of my knowledge he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

If ye have a whip round I'll spend it on whiskey and I'll get my go off him.. how's that sound ?

Junior wrote:
    If ye have a whip round I'll spend it on whiskey and I'll get my go off him.. how's that sound ?

That sounds fine. I'm sure the interesting parties could keep you in whisky for as long as it takes...!

People should start emailing the green party and ask does Trevor Sargent support McCanns policy of getting in the way of the development of waterford??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

angry_fox wrote:
    People should start emailing the green party and ask does Trevor Sargent support McCanns policy of getting in the way of the development of waterford??

It won't get you very far. I've already emailed that smarmy twat earlier this year stating my views on the serial objector and what he's doing to Waterford and I got a smart assed reply asking why didn't I stand for the greens if I felt that strongly :mad:

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote:
    It won't get you very far. I've already emailed that smarmy twat earlier this year stating my views on the serial objector and what he's doing to Waterford and I got a smart assed reply asking why didn't I stand for the greens if I felt that strongly :mad:

At least you got a reply, ive emailed them a few times asking whats the logic behind his actions, but got no reply. I used to support the greens but now i think they are a waste of time and that they are people who want to bring the country back into the stone-age. Waterford is a booming city but with poeple like mcCann they are hindering its developemnt and they have to be stopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Mccann is a hypocrite pure and simple , look at all the development at WIT and if that scale of development was proposed anywhere else in the city he'd be up in arms objecting all over the place , he objected to a business park on the outskirts of the city while a bigger one got permission a couple of miles away on the county council side , in the next few months he should be coming around knocking on doors looking for votes in next years election and everybody should tell him what they think of him and his "policies "

Advertisement