Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Parking in Augier Street

Options
  • 31-08-2006 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

It's probably a long shot, but just wondering is there much (if any) student parking there? May have to invest in a bike if there isnt any, just cant face the bus every morning

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I dont think any of the colleges have student parking. There is metered parking behind and all around the back of Kevin Street just accross the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Aungier St. has some underground parking though doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

The Aungier St car park is for staff only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ah, I was wondering. I knew it existed. Can you park bikes in it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah, motorbikes, mopeds and bicycles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

thats a bit ****in stupid in fairness. where do they expect you to park?

I'll be bussing it for the first year or two until I can get sorted with a car but I can already seeing the parking costing me a fortune. I know my brother, whos in Portobello told me he can fork out at least a tenner for just one day of parking. thats 50 in a week which is taking the piss!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yea driving into Aungier St is just not a good idea at all.

There is no where within walking distince that you wouldnt have to pay for for parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Enda89 wrote:
    thats a bit ****in stupid in fairness. where do they expect you to park?

lol, they expect you not to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

There is free parking near aungier st..you just have to look hard enough and youll find it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

yea, and might have to have an armed gaurd watchin over your car!

• Advertisement

Lorax wrote:
    There is free parking near aungier st..you just have to look hard enough and youll find it :)

SHUSSSSSSH!!!

oh jesus is augnier street a dodgy area?

I hope I don't get mugged waiting for the bus or something :rolleyes:

I don't consider it a dodgy area. I guess it depends on which direction you approach it from. George's Street direction FTW.

i will be coming up from rathmines road. i never get off before augnier st. if im ever going into town so that'll be a first. should be safe enough though, but then again this is dublin i.e. full of ****in scumbags

EDIT: And about the car parking...I saw a pic of the dean in the DIT brouchure. he looks like a reasonable chap open to negotiation. and if not then its nothing a length of lead pipe to the back of the head couldnt fix lol!

There is a dean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Enda89 wrote:
    EDIT: And about the car parking...I saw a pic of the dean in the DIT brouchure. he looks like a reasonable chap open to negotiation. and if not then its nothing a length of lead pipe to the back of the head couldnt fix lol!

Thats weird considering some of the staff dont even have car spaces... let alone the thousands of students..

one of my m8s told me to avoid the flats down the road from DIT, saying thats a very bad area. Is that true? I hope not, I'll have to pass the flats every morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I wouldnt worry about it, I walked up and home from dit every day last year and didnt even see a problem, the area around dit is usually pretty busy anyway so I wouldnt be worried abou being beaten up down some dark alley way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the area isn't dangerous, sure there's a few unsightly flats around but never once have i had any trouble around the area.

there's worse places in dublin city centre than aungier street tbh.

ah it sounds alright yeah. I'll be getting the buss home from College Green so its only like a 5 min walk from DIT to the bus stop which is dead handy :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement