Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth Handsfree

• 31-08-2006 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Was gifted a handsfree carkit. Its a blue tooth one just out of the box but problem is I can hear everyone but no one seems to be able to hear me properly. Sounds like im apparently standing in a windy area. Where is the correct place to put the speaker off these kits? I fitted it on the dash just off centre with the steering wheel so not to effect line of vision. Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I generally hide the speaker behin the radio or under the dash. Most kits have a cable available for a few quid extra which plug into the back of the radio and bring the sound from the kit through the cars speakers instead.

However, it sounds more as if it's your microphone position that's dodgy. Some fitters put them above and to the right of the drivers head, just in front of where the grab handle would/should be on nearly all cars. Others fit them beside the rear view mirror or the interior light.

Is yours a wired kit or a mobile kit (moveable from car to car, and can clip to the visor)? If it's a mobile one, a lot of them have an extension on the mike that needs to be pulled out fully. Otherwise, position it closer to yourself, as the mike might be too far away from you on the dash.

What make/model is the kit?

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I like their description - "Sony Ericcsons answer to the Nokia 616; I have a 616, and it's RUBBISH!!!

Will it take an extension mike? Might be worthwhile to check it out.

Did you fit it yourself? If not, get back to the fitter and tell them to sort it.

What are you driving - there may be a better spot to mount it depending on the car.

I know all of the above sounds inane, but it could help, or someone might have experience of the same kit in the same car.

http://www.fonejuice.co.uk/products/productDetail.asp?productcode=MRHBE
    Thats the exact one. Its mazda 323 soon to be BMW 318 C if i can sort the insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

May sound overly obvious, but is the microphone to close to your air vents?

(on the car!!!)

• Advertisement

nah tried that too but didnt work. thought it could be but no such joy. Id say to work it would have to be about 18" max from me and due to the big thick black cable running from it thats fairly impossible... unless i mounted it on top of rear view mirror and that'd just probably look stoopid!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Buy a bluetooth earpiece.

Advertisement