Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 2000 - boot trouble

• 31-08-2006 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

I'm getting the stop message below when booting up Windows 2000. It's likely that it's a space issue as it's an 11gb hard drive and has been close to full for a while.I don't think the 2nd line is present in the message I'm getting (starting with *** address....)

pro3301.gif

I cannot get into Safe Mode to try to delete some files. I can boot to Safe Mode, and get as far as the login prompt, but cannot get logged in. I only ever used 1 profile in normal Windows startup, and this is not being accepted. I do not know the admin details.

Is there anything I can do to get around this issue, other than reinstalling the OS (I can't find the CD)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

If you had the CD you could boot to Repair Mode...

Get any copy of windows 2000... you should be able to use it to boot to RM as it boots off the CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

A KMode Exception is a very generic exception type. We won't be able to give you a specific answer based on the stock image you have given us, as we will need the specifics of the exception.

How to Interpret a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Error

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Just done a quick forum trawl, found these, might point u in the right direction. Seems to be an issue with possibly Win2k SP4

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1485737.php
    http://kadaitcha.cx/stop_err.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

Thanks for that - I'll jot down the specifics tonight.

A KMode Exception is a very generic exception type. We won't be able to give you a specific answer based on the stock image you have given us, as we will need the specifics of the exception.

OK so. Here's what it says:

STOP 0x0000001E (0XC0000005, 0XF409467E, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

How do you know how to interpret 0XF409467E?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Derek B wrote:
    OK so. Here's what it says:

STOP 0x0000001E (0XC0000005, 0XF409467E, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

How do you know how to interpret 0XF409467E?

0XF409467E is just a memory address (from what I can tell)
    you can't interpret that (unless you're a computer :))

The error should show on the next line where this address is located (i.e. what the process is that's causing it)

in the example above it's wdmaud.sys ...

But you're gonna be able to do very little unless you can boot to repair mode or safe mode

0XF409467E is just a memory address (from what I can tell)
    you can't interpret that (unless you're a computer :))

The error should show on the next line where this address is located (i.e. what the process is that's causing it)

OK fair enough :D

I'm not getting an address error though? I guess I'll have to get the OS on CD from somewhere. Thanks anyway

Advertisement