Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi @ the airport?

Options
  • 31-08-2006 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hiya ppl

I'll be heading for the new terminalk this evening to pick someone up from there. I was thinking of taking my laptop to kill time and was wondering whether there's some wireless open AP for people to used there. Now we have such a modern terminal, and hey, there's even a Starbuck's!

Regards, love and peace to every1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭les-paul

no Free Wifi

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've the urge to make a sarcastic remark for some reason, but it's probably not deserved. That said, I'm not surprised that the airport has started charging for Wifi access.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's an airport, there's never anything free in an airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

this is a bit off topic but where can you get free wifi in cork? I think I heard something about the steps of the courthouse on washington st. anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The cafe in the Triskel also has free wi-fi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

There's a Starbucks? :eek: :D :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

douglas court shopping centre :D

rymus wrote:
    douglas court shopping centre :D

Oh, so there is! Forgot about that since we never go out to the 'burbs. Why can't they open one in the city? There's a perfect spot going vacant on Paul Street, where Toni & Guy used to be.

Although I'd hate for them to put Puccino's out of business... that is a great little cafe, plus they give the dog free snacks whenever we're sitting outside there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭les-paul

Well after my unsuccesful attempt at the airport I've been able to pickup connection at the Grand Parade (lots of offices with open spots there), and in St. Patrick st., but these places are seriously lacking some nice benches where to sit and suck bandwith comfortably :-D
    There's a cafe (i'm not sure if it's called the other place or that is near to the actual cafe) indoors where they have free wifi as well, they advertise it in the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

im nearly certain there is an open network on the circuit court on washington st. i often see foreign students there with laptops. i dont know if id fancy bringin a laptop around there though.what u mite save on BB you mite lose on your laptop gettin robbed by a scumbag!

• Advertisement

Now, now. You are only at reliable risk for scumbag thuggery on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights after 9 PM.

Although having said that, I find large groups of drunk people more intimidating and unpredictable than the general criminal population and I refuse to walk down Washington Street by myself on a weekend evening. It's scary, mummy! Wah! :eek:

Advertisement