Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gates

Options
  • 31-08-2006 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to buy a new steel entrance gate.

Any suggestions on what I should look out for when buying a gate. What kind of steel should I be looking out for, etc.

Also while I'm not considering an automatic gate at the moment is it easy to buy and install a system onto an existing gate. I don't have a cable run for an intercom, just electrics, is it possible just to get an automatic kit with just a remote control without the intercom and all that. Or will the lack of an intercom cause problems.

Anyone know of any good gates manufacturers in the South East.

Thanks

Rebel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I have a friend in the electric gate business. He has recommended to me to lay a cable to the entrance before finishing the drive, for future use. I know he has installed systems on existing gates, and afaik works with gate manufacturers to do the whole job. I can pm details if you like. Based in west Waterford.

Advertisement