Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL connection dropping

Options
  • 31-08-2006 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

For ages now my ntl connection has been dropping. It can be fine for days, and then just drop. If i power cycle the modem it then works fine after.

I seems to happen most often while downloading torrents. I have tried both azureus and utorrent, but the connection drops with both.

I have the old grey 120 modem, sharing the connection with a linksys BEFSR41.

Does any on know what the problem may be, and how to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

Yes, I have the same problem. See this thread that I openned.

Apparently we're not the only ones either. I've sent an email to NTL support but it appears that they are busily ignoring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Computer Geek

Callan wrote:
    For ages now my ntl connection has been dropping. It can be fine for days, and then just drop. If i power cycle the modem it then works fine after.

I seems to happen most often while downloading torrents. I have tried both azureus and utorrent, but the connection drops with both.

I have the old grey 120 modem, sharing the connection with a linksys BEFSR41.

Does any on know what the problem may be, and how to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Don't use Filesharing software!!!! ..... without prober equipment or knowledge.
    Your modem is getting pinged to death and can't handle the traffic requests and freezes up and needs to be reset. Setup a DMZ and let the PC-Firewall handle the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

it's your 120 modem, ring them and ask for a 250 modem. had the same problem

Advertisement