Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] Camden Row apartment

Options
  • 31-08-2006 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Vorak

Viewing of sweet apartment at 5:30 tonight. Girls prefered...

www.daft.ie/335534

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I prefer girls too, but generally speaking it is illegal to say so in an ad for accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Doesn't daft actually give you the option to advertise to girls or boys or girls/boys?

• Surely you can prefer whoever you want, it's your apartment. I hate when people don't write they only want males and I waste my time ringing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is allowed under equality legislation in the case of accommodation units that are designed to hold up to 6 people, i.e. traditional sized houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

What? I don't think so. That exemption only applies if the landlord or person letting the accommodation or a relative are living in the accommodation themselves.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/ZZA8Y2000S6.html

Of course the exemption does apply if you're renting a room in a share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ah, I thought 2(d)(i) & (ii) and an "or", not an "and".

Advertisement