Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ben Thatcher Dream Team

• 31-08-2006 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I just thouhgt i would start this thread for a laugh on the dirt players in the premier league.

Bruce Grobbelaar ( for been corupt )
    Ben Thatcher
    Andy Todd
    Neil Ruddock
    Lucas Neil

Roy keane
    Patrick Vieria
    Vinny Jones
    Steven Gerrard

Ian Wright
    Mark Hughes

Thats my best eleven, but im sure there are loads i have forgot :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Id throw in Savage ahead of Gerrard. To be honest i think id throw in Sissoko even ahead of gerrard, that boy really loves a challenge!
    Scholes could go in in midfield too, not malicious, just has terrible timing in the challenge, late more often then not!

Also maybe Diouf in there up front, not really violent so much but just such a scumbag! For violence Kevin Davies be a good one, committed more fouls then any other player in any position last year, by a good distance, was like 118 to him and 93 was second or in or abouts that figure

Lehmann would be a good understudy goalkeeper as well, capable of losing the plot at a sideways glance he doesnt like!

Have a good selection of defenders in there, also Mills especially from his Leeds days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

gerrard? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

Although he never played in the Premiership, surely Schumacher deserves to be honorary goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yes, I have always associtated Gerard with the likes of Vinny Jones..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

el rabitos wrote:
    gerrard? :confused:

Yeh Gerrard is a dirty player and loves a challenge. I remember Liverpool v Everton a few years back and he jumped in with Two feet i think on Naysmith or Hibbert and you could hear the screams, yet Houllier defended him and of course gerrard say he ment no harm:rolleyes:

Savage, Lehman, Diouf..Scholes cause he can;t tackle, but he's not a dirty player.

• Advertisement

Yeh Gerrard is a dirty player and loves a challenge. I remember Liverpool v Everton a few years back and he jumped in with Two feet i think on Naysmith or Hibbert and you could hear the screams, yet Houllier defended him and of course gerrard say he ment no harm:rolleyes:

Savage, Lehman, Diouf..Scholes cause he can;t tackle, but he's not a dirty player.

i think you've been smokin' the funny ciggarettes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Put Duncan Ferguson in up front .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Harold Schumacher ( the german guy who nailed the french guy 20 years ago )
    Ben Thatcher
    Andy Todd
    Neil Ruddock
    Lucas Neil

Roy keane
    Patrick Vieria
    Vinny Jones

Duncan Ferguson
    Alan Shearer ( hi2u elbows! )
    Mark Hughes

that'll do for the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

what premiership team did schumacher play for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sorry, i missed the bit where it said premier league

either way, if we're talking about top class badguys, then schumacher would make it into the premier league of any hard men team

• Advertisement

what about Eric "i like to stamp on people with my studs and perform karate type dives on fans" Cantona?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Shearer and Ferguson up front...Cantona would have to be in there too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

GK - Mark Bosnich (for the job he did on Klinsmann then his nazi salute)

RB - Mauricio Taricco
    CB - Neil Ruddock
    LB - Ben Thatcher

RM - Dennis Wise
    CM - Roy Keane
    CM - Vinny Jones
    CM - David Batty
    LM - Lee Bowyer

CF - Drunken Duncan
    CF - Alan Shearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

what no Julian Dicks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

GK - Mark Bosnich (for the job he did on Klinsmann then his nazi salute)

RB - Mauricio Taricco
    CB - Neil Ruddock
    LB - Ben Thatcher

RM - Dennis Wise
    CM - Roy Keane
    CM - Vinny Jones
    CM - David Batty
    LM - Lee Bowyer

CF - Drunken Duncan
    CF - Alan Shearer
    i nearly thought ppl were forgetting about asias favourite midfielder for a minute til you mentioned him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Wrighty & Sparky up front, can't remember them being particular vicious, not when you can have Duncan Disorderly

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

what no Julian Dicks?

I second this motion.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

CM - David Batty

Bit harsh on Batty I think. He was a hard player and if he tackled you you knew all about it, but he was fair and not a dirty player in the sense that a lot of the others are/were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

John Fashanu should be in this team and as captain. He did some horrendous things during his career. Just ask Gary Mabutt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

what no Julian Dicks?

Hatchet, Hatchet Man...

I wanna be...a Hatchet Man

• Advertisement

zaph wrote:
    Bit harsh on Batty I think. He was a hard player and if he tackled you you knew all about it, but he was fair and not a dirty player in the sense that a lot of the others are/were.

oh yes he was...in his first spell at Leeds ffs.

GK Jens Lehmann

B - Stuart Pearce
    B - Julian Dicks
    B - Ben Thatcher

M - Roy Keane
    M - Vinny Jones
    M - David Batty
    M - Paul Ince

CF - Big Dunc
    CF - Eric Cantona
    CF - Alan Shearer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I have Diouf in there ahead of Shearer. There's no way Diof can be left of the team.

What about a manager?

Graham Rix must a candidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

eh lads.... Julian Dicks!!!!

an yea Gerrard is a filthy **** who trys to act the nice boy. he stamped "by accident" on kevin nolan against bolton last year and it was definitely intentional.

yeah G Rix would get my vote.

What about Hughes that played for West Brom. Not really much of a dirty player but what he did off the pitch and where he is now, Im sure he's a candidate for the bench?

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Gerrard is a filthy **** who trys to act the nice boy. he stamped "by accident" on kevin nolan against bolton last year and it was definitely intentional.

I agree, Bergkamp was at that aswell. Snakey fúker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

What short memories we have - Wayne Rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Nobody has mentioned Brown from Fulham. Short memories people, short memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

when did e when did e when did e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

deman wrote:
    What short memories we have - Wayne Rooney?

what did he do that was filthy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

zaph wrote:

When Norman "Bite Your Legs" Hunter has this to say you know he's an 'orrible bas*ard...
    What he doesn't want to do is get himself involved. You don't want him suspended too much. You want him out on the pitch proving how good he is.
    ''He has to curb his aggressive nature. If he can sort out that side of his game he will be great for Leeds.

:D

Ask Graham Le Saux...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

This may seem a little odd but Robert Huth , anyone remember his little stamp and twist on Shearer's groin about two season back ?...........nasty stuff .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Viera would never make my team , after the way he shivered in the tunnel video, with Cygan protecting him , as Roy growled and snarled at him !

Advertisement