Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N73 - Available on 3 for upgrade

• 31-08-2006 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

From a phonecall to Three network a few mins's ago..
    N73 available for upgrade on the three network - priced about €179 (depends on your "Band" (ie usage over the past 3 mts).
    Dunno if its old news but looks like a nice upgrade for a 6680 user without stepping up to an N80.
    FM radio is nice..
    http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Nokia_N73/4556-6454_16-31861312.html?tag=ut

Q.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

did they say if it will be available on threepay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Didn't ask mate. I'm sure it will be though at some point in the near future. As to price, haven't a clue.. between N80 & N70 prepay price I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I rang on Monday asking about upgrades, the guy told me that they had just gotten in the N73 and it wasnt even listed for sale on their website yet. But they wont have any in stock until early september. I will be ringing back this weekend to check if they have them in.

They also have the 6233 (3G version of the 6030) and they are getting the Sony Ericsson w950i in some time later in the year.

IMHO the N73 is a better phone than the N80.
    Both have Quadband (850/900/1800/1900)
    Both have 3G (apparently the N80 does WDCMA 1900 and 2100)*
    The N73 has a better camera
    Both have FM Radio
    The N80 has WiFi that cannot be switched off apparently
    The N73 has a much better battery (1100mAh) compared to the N80's (850mAh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

I rang on Monday asking about upgrades, the guy told me that they had just gotten in the N73 and it wasnt even listed for sale on their website yet. But they wont have any in stock until early september. I will be ringing back this weekend to check if they have them in.

They also have the 6233 (3G version of the 6030) and they are getting the Sony Ericsson w950i in some time later in the year.

IMHO the N73 is a better phone than the N80.
    Both have Quadband (850/900/1800/1900)
    Both have 3G (apparently the N80 does WDCMA 1900 and 2100)*
    The N73 has a better camera
    Both have FM Radio
    The N80 has WiFi that cannot be switched off apparently
    The N73 has a much better battery (1100mAh) compared to the N80's (850mAh)

The N80 has WiFi, the N73 doesn't
    The N80 screen is 352 x 416, the N73 is only 240x320
    The N80 is has a sliding keyboard, N73 is candybar form factor.

Which is better depends on what features you want and the order in which you rank them :-)

Then of course there is the E61, N93 etc :-)

Between the N73 & N80 I would have to say the N80 is a no contest winner in terms of overall features.
    However the camera on the N73 has autofocus and zeiss optics so is likely to be better overall if u want a half decent camera in yer phone.
    W800i has a good camera also but sadly no OS.

Horses for courses.

PS: W950i looks great. I don't see a regular 3.5mm jack though! Bit odd for a Walkman phone?

• Advertisement

WiFi, is good, certainly if you want to avoid roaming charges by using Skype:D , but, its not the most important feature for me, so I chose the N73 for the better battery and thinner form factor.

Called 3 yesterday, they said they wont have N73s in stock until near the end of September <_< It should be well worth the wait.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Are 3 ever going to get the N73 in? Rang last week and they said it's coming in the next couple of weeks but from this thread and others I've read, they've been saying this August. Any ideas?

Delayed due to X-Series announcement I suspect.
    http://xseries.three.com/
    U could always go sim free? I'd say getting an unlock code for the N73 from three down the line may be as difficult as unlocking the 6680 is at present.

My only hope is that 3 will offer the N73/W950i at a substantial discount in promotion of x-series?? What do you think?

It could go both ways. A large subsidy on the handset (as above) or as a "premium" handset. Though I suspect the latter as three never had a bargain on their Nokia handsets.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

quintron wrote:
    U could always go sim free?

Even if there's not a massive discount on the price with 3, there will still be a fairly hefty saving over the sim free version. Also, I probably wouldn't be arsed changing network after the year and if I did I'd probably get a new phone anyway so not being able to unlock the phone isn't a major issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement