Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facial Hair - itchiness!

• 31-08-2006 3:40pm

So, what had started out as an experiement to see how long I can go without shaving before someone gave out to me in work (going on 3 weeks now) has turned into a semi-beard. With only one problem. It's beginning to get all itchy now. I've become quite fond of my facial hair but this itchiness drives me bananas sometimes. Yet, through my own vanity, I don't want to shave it off.

Does anyone know of any products or means that will stop this itchiness?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I used to use ordinary hair conditioner, but also had to wash it every two days to stop the itching. I gave up on the beard after two months due to the iritation and the fact that it was ginger.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That's strange, mine's rarely ever itchy. I shampoo my beard all the time though, so maybe it's an idea that when you're in the shower, give it a good wash the same as you would your hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think there was a similar thread recently in Fashion/Appearances. Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I don't really "shampoo" my beard, I just wash it with whatever I wash my face with. I found that when you grow a beard for the first time it always feels a bit itchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Zedd

Ya i normally have a beard around Christmas and May. They´re my study beards! But i find its just a stage you go throught and after a few weeks it stops itching.

I would just wash mine with water whenever it get a bit itchy and it helped till you can give it a proper wash in the shower

hhmmm.....might grow a beard again:p

• Advertisement

Yeah, what KTRIC said below. First time I was growing facial hair for a considerable amount of time, it got incredibly itchy. Now it all feels good* :)

_________
    *However, the little bit of hair underneath my bottom lip still irritates me. If I shave just it, then the lack of it annoys me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I had a beard there for about a month. Usually the itchiness would make me shave it off but after a couple of days it stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I take it your facial hair doesn't grow all that fast so if it's been growing three weeks and its only itchy now.
    I've a beard at the moment but keep it tight, but it hasn't been itchy since probably after the first week or two of letting it grow (similar situation, now turned into a bet)

Its gonna itch for another while I'd guess, but once its long enough its grand.
    Don't know of any lotions that could help you, but if you leave it be you'll just grow through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Beards are just something you need to get used to. The itchiness stops after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

My facial hair goes from not there, to annoying itchy stubble, to beard. Once theres a bit of length in it, it stops itching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Raphael wrote:
    My facial hair goes from not there, to annoying itchy stubble, to beard. Once theres a bit of length in it, it stops itching.
    yep, once the hair is long enough that it can curl a bit, not just spiking out of you! it will stop itching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

after about a week my beard would be bugging the hell outta me so have never let it grow for much longer than that however much i've tried to i just cant take the itching! i think i went 2 weeks without shaving once and never again!!the itching nearly drove me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Yeah, having the same problem at the minute. Growin my little line beard again (bit like Craig David :)) Itching like mad in last day or two. Only had it a week so hopefully it'll stop itching soon.

But damm it, I'm keeping it this time. I've already had a few people asking me what college I'm going to. (nd me with 2 years left of secondary)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

ThatGuy wrote:
    Yeah, having the same problem at the minute. Growin my little line beard again (bit like Craig David :))

Why oh why would anyone try and style themselves on Craig David (can't think about him without remembering the Bo Selecta version of him)

I hope you have not expressed your desire to look like Craig david to any of your mates !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

I'm not 'styling' myself on Craig David. I was trying to describe my mini-beard nd couldn't think of anyone else off the top of my head with a beard like it.
    But I have had one or two friends saying that it looks too styled r trimmed. Took a bit of ofence to that one :)

Along the lines of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Raphael wrote:

The man speaks truly. Hearken unto his words, and handsome itch-free facial hair will be your reward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

Pity for the girlfriend please. Since acquiring my last boy I have never required facial exfoliator for the bottom half of my face. Hmm, maybe I should be grateful for saving money...

Advertisement