Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to watch the match in Toronto?

Options
  • 31-08-2006 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

I'm moving to Toronto (tomorrow!) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any pubs downtown that might be showing the Ireland-Germany match on Saturday - or, indeed, any pubs that would generally show Irish soccer and rugby internationals, and/or the All-Ireland final in a couple of weeks' time. Any info would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

It's a big city but off the top of my head can think of a few:

1. Scallywags - Yonge St./St. Clair Ave. area
    2. Paupers Pub - Bloor St./Bathurst St. area
    3. Fionn McCools - the Esplanade (Front St/Church St.)
    4. Irish Embassy - Yonge St./Wellington St.

Try those to start, Irish Embassy is probably the classiest of the bunch w/ Finn's coming in 2nd.

Good luck and welcome to our city :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

Well, I'm living on the UofT campus, just off St George Street, so Paupers is probably the closest to me - but I may head down towards the Esplanade area if there's more of a choice there. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

You'll find loads I'm sure!

Only thing about the Esplanade, it might be a tad more expensive. Either way I'm sure there's lots other's, just can't think of them.

Could also try:

www.toronto.com

Advertisement