Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt

• 31-08-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any problems signing up to BT? I signed up 5 weeks ago when I was guaranteed that I would be up and running in 2 weeks (switching from imagine) however 5 weeks on and I'm up the wall, their "credit checks" have failed me twice and there is absolutely no reason am in employment etc not in rented accomm with my bank over 20 years and they still refuse, I was told this morning they "will NEVER sign me up to ANY of their services" no one can give me a valid reason as to why....Any suggestions PLEASE :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Sounds like their credit referancing agency has you flagged as a bad risk.

DEMAND to know which agency they are using (probably the Irish Credit Bureau ICB) then ask for a copy of any information they have (the ICB) under your name under the Data Protection Act, 1988.

If anything is incorrect, you have a right to get it fixed.

EDIT: Then start slagging BT Ireland off for spending five million euro on a billing system that does not work correctly. The fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

theres absolutely no reason they should have refused because my credit rating is A1, thanks for advice aphex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

theres absolutely no reason they should have refused ...
    Incompetence is a reason, and there's a never ending supply of it in BT. You should do what Aphex said though in case some credit firm has a black mark against you for some reason. Could be a simple mistake, could be someone has stolen your identity, could be some lazy eejit in BT couldn't be bothered to run the check and simply denied you. Best to find out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Trumps

Just wondering if anyone has any problems signing up to BT? I signed up 5 weeks ago when I was guaranteed that I would be up and running in 2 weeks (switching from imagine) however 5 weeks on and I'm up the wall, their "credit checks" have failed me twice and there is absolutely no reason am in employment etc not in rented accomm with my bank over 20 years and they still refuse, I was told this morning they "will NEVER sign me up to ANY of their services" no one can give me a valid reason as to why....Any suggestions PLEASE :confused:
    "Any suggestions" ? YES, stay away from BT if you want your life to remain at all sane !!

Advertisement