Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband Usage Counter.

• 31-08-2006 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

Does anyone know where I could find a program that records how much bandwith you are using? I got broadband for the first time today, I went a little overboard, and I'm worried that I'll go over my limit. A counter would be very helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Who are you with? it would be tough to go near your limit in one day, although you could reach it with a few days of intense downloading, NTL and BT don't seem to do anything about it, not sure on the rest as i have never used them.

Net meter or DU meter are the most well known ones.

i cant remember which one is freeware...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

I'm with Digiweb. I know I won't go over in one day but I'm worried for the rest of the month. I had to spend a long time convincing my parents to get broadband and if anything goes wrong, I'll get a lot of abuse. Thanks for the help though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

DU meter isn't freeware so it must be Netmeter. Most providers will have a way for you to check it yourself. If they don't then they'd find it very hard to charge you for going over a cap they don't allow you to monitor. Most don't charge anyway.
    it would be tough to go near your limit in one day
    Though, but not impossible. Say you have a 3Mb connection and a 30GB cap. If you were to continuously download at full speed for 24 hours you'd use, by my calculation, 31.6GB. Obviously that would be a bit excessive but lets say you had some unlimited (speed) connection to a server full of goodies then you could simply put everything in a queue and *BANG*, you're cap is gone in a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I've done 30gigs in a day, damn University connections. ¬_¬

Is there any software that can distinguish internet usage from general network usuage, maybe not counting anything destined or coming from specific ips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

18Gb on a 2Mb was my busiest day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Google BitMeter...very good & free...

Advertisement