Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triple H interview

• 31-08-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

source: WWE Magazine

WWE Magazine conducted an interview with Triple H for the the October 2006 issue. He was asked about wrestling internet sites such as this one, Hulk Hogan, losing to the Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 12, old & new D-X, the "curtain call" incident, and much more. Here are a few quotes from the interview:

Q: Once and for all, say something to the wrestling websites that claim you're nothing but a power-mad, backstage dictator.

Triple H - I haven't read a dirt sheet in 10 years. And that's the damn truth. Yes I'm in a top position. Yes I'm married to the boss's daughter. Yes I sit in production meetings. But, at the end of the day, there is only one person with the stroke in this business. And that's Vince McMahon. If he doesn't like something , whether it's my idea or not, it's not going to happen. I want guys like John Cena around. I want to bring new guys up and help make them. People always accuse me of not wanting to drop the belt to a guy. That's complete crap. I didn't drop the belt to RVD because no one asked me to drop it to RVD. I've yet to see Hulk Hogan lose to anybody. He wrestles once every 6 months, and it doesn't matter if you're the biggest name in active competition today, he's not going to lose to you. There was suppose to be a Hogan/Michaels 2, and Hogan was supposed to lose. All of a sudden his knee starting "bugging" him.

Q: Since you were poised for a big break, does your embarrassing loss to the Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 12 in 1996 still haunt you to this day?

Triple H - Do people really thing I thought I was going to beat the Ultimate Warrior? The fact of the matter is that he was a completely unprofessional dipsh*t. (Shawn Michaels Interjects: Don't talk about me like that!) That's what pisses me off about the match, not the fact that I lost.

Triple H comments on the internet one more time: "One more thing for the internet haters.... It all stems from people who have opinions about the business they've never been involved in. And they're the same people waiting outside for my autograph after the show."

Gotta agree with what he say about Hogan. Trips gives great interviews!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

look, i have said it a million times in here triple h is the best in the business. and yes he is that damn good.
    triple h will retire from the ring some day, not fully, he will be like foley and flair, its age, it will catch everyone. but he will always stay in the wwe.
    anyone who says anything bad about HHH (wrestler or fan) does not know what they are talking about.
    triple h to the wwe is like what eric cantona or roy keane was to man utd, you may not like them, but god damn it you have to admit they matter and their presence made a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Oh dear. Anyone who buys into this propaganda doesn't keep up to date with the wrestling business! Maybe he's pissed at Hogan because at Summerslam people saw howthe D-X fad had run its course whereas Hogan is the biggest icon of all time and still got the biggest pop. In relation to this bit:
    I've yet to see Hulk Hogan lose to anybody. He wrestles once every 6 months, and it doesn't matter if you're the biggest name in active competition today, he's not going to lose to you.

Yeah that's exactly right. I mean remember in WCW when Goldberg was the biggest star and yet Hogan refused to lose to him? And at WM18 when Rock was the biggest star and again Hogan refused to lose to him? And in 2002 when Lesnar was the biggest star and Hogan again refused to lose? Why didn't Hogan put this guys over? Oh wait a minute - he did. Guess Triple H must have missed those matches. Probably was in a production meeting at the time.
    triple h wrote:
    look, i have said it a million times in here triple h is the best in the business. and yes he is that damn good.

Eh, no he's not. In fact the guy who was recently released is ten times the wrestler he is and has had way more memorable matches than Triple H.

Triple H is a good, competent wrestler but can anyone seriously place him in the same league as Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels? For my money, hell no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

EDIT: You know what, screw it, Im not getting drawn into the same stupid argument again.blah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bret Hart was not as good as people make him out to be. I would place Trips higher in a list than Hart based purely on the fact that he can have different matches with different people where as Hart tried to have the same match with whoever he was wrestling.

Trips is better on the mic than Hart was too.

His comments about Hogan are since he "retired".

Hogan should put over people now as his legacy will not be tarnished at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Hart tried to have the same match with whoever he was wrestling.

You could say Kurt Angle does that as well but it does n't make him any less great. In saying that he had an unbelievable match with Austin at Wrestlemaina which was not in his typical style. He had three very different matches in the King of the Ring 1993 and there were all good. Plus Bret is only one of two guys (the other being Micheals) to get a match out of Kevin Nash. Triple H never did and he had two goes on pay per view to do it.

I think you can make an argument for both guys though but I'd sway with Bret. Triple H was/is not as effective at being a good guy in the ring as he is a bad guy whereas Hart was easily comfortable at both.

In terms of longevity I think Hart was consistently better for longer whereas I think Triple H really peaked in 2000 (and it was a hell of a peak) but has since been nowhere near that level.

On the article where Triple H has a go at Hogan about feigning a knee injury to get out of a job, he must have a bad memory because just around the time his best friend was supposed to return the favour to Hart at Wrestlemania 13 his knee began playing up too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Like it or not (personally, i like it), Triple H is the present and future of this business! He will eventually be one-third owner of the WWE! So basically, what i'm saying is that Triple H will be around for ages, so like it or watch crap like TNA!

Bret Hart was not as good as people make him out to be. I would place Trips higher in a list than Hart based purely on the fact that he can have different matches with different people where as Hart tried to have the same match with whoever he was wrestling.

I think that's rubbish. A wrestler's legacy is based primarily upon his matches and Bret's matches frequently make people's list of top 5 or top 10 contests. Triple H's don't.
    Plus Bret is only one of two guys (the other being Micheals) to get a match out of Kevin Nash. Triple H never did and he had two goes on pay per view to do it.

And let's not forget Triple H's matches with Steiner in 2003 which got very loud "boring" chants. I can't recall Angle, Bret, HBK, Benoit or Flair ever being in matches which got "boring" chants.

Triple H can have great matches with great wrestlers but I don't believe he can get great matches out of average wrestlers and I think that's why he can never be seriously regarded as one of the greatest of all time. Ten title reigns or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Have you seen much of Brets WCW stuff. Some of the most boring matches I've ever seen. He had a few matches with Booker T that were just awful.

As for the boring stuff about Triple H and Steiner, Steiner was the cause of all of that due to his inability to do anything properly since his big injuries.

Have you seen much of Brets WCW stuff. Some of the most boring matches I've ever seen. He had a few matches with Booker T that were just awful.

Well you and I obviously have different opinions on what constitutes a boring match. The way I saw it his matches with Booker helped but Booker on the map and his tribute match for Owen with Benoit was one of his best ever matches.
    As for the boring stuff about Triple H and Steiner, Steiner was the cause of all of that due to his inability to do anything properly since his big injuries.

It takes two to tango. Other wrestlers were able to get matches out of Steiner that didn't lead to boring chants. Ask yourself whether or not fans would have crapped over a Steiner/Angle, Steiner/HBK match. I don't think they would have.

And his matches with Goldberg weren't well received either.

Advertisement