Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Green speed van near red cow roundabout

• 31-08-2006 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Has anyone seen this van, it's a beat up green van with blacked out windows and has a camera pointing out a little gap in the back window. I'm really hoping its just there as a deterrent as I shot by it the other day doing around 40 over the limit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I hope you get ticketed-40 over the speed limit is a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kippy wrote:
    I hope you get ticketed-40 over the speed limit is a lot.

Do you know the road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thats the Garda van alright. I've seen it loads of times on the N81 outside the Spawell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Skyone

I was coming off the M50 at the condalkin exit, heading towards the long mile road. Limit is 60 km/h, had a open road, shot by the van at 100km/h.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Ah yes the Gardai shooting fish in a barrel again so much for minister of transport asking the gardai to target the back roads

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote:
    Thats the Garda van alright. I've seen it loads of times on the N81 outside the Spawell.

Well then lesson learned, it has changed my attitude towards obeying the speed limits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

Skyone wrote:
    I was coming off the M50 at the condalkin exit, heading towards the long mile road. Limit is 60 km/h, had a open road, shot by the van at 100km/h.

Id be expecting a letter in the post in the next few weeks so,its normally always parked at the coke factory,a white one does be on the road there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Boys in blue particularly concerned about our safety this week ( ahem! end of the month...)

They were speedchecking at the Spawell, catching folk not slowing down quickly enough coming off the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

thats the dirty green hi roof transit,,,,they have a dirty white one as well,,sittin on the m1 the other day, i drive all over dublin and see them a lot,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

That white van was sitting under the Ballymount fly-over on the M50 this morning. Snapping all the cars not sticking to the 60km speed limit along the sections being upgraded. Hope I slowed down quick enough.:o :p

• Advertisement

Do you know the road?
    I do, and thats not relevant. I also know the speed limit on it, just because I dont agree with it doesnt mean I shouldnt heed it.
    Kippy

EDIT-
    I notice there are a lot of these "hard luck stories" is there any chance we can have a thread similiar to the "Bad beats" thread in the poker forum for stories such as these?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That white van was sitting under the Ballymount fly-over on the M50 this morning. Snapping all the cars not sticking to the 60km speed limit along the sections being upgraded. Hope I slowed down quick enough.:o :p
    I don't recall seeing it about 8:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

It can no longer park on the m4 at palmerstown where it spent most days now with the construction work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kippy wrote:
    I do, and thats not relevant. I also know the speed limit on it, just because I dont agree with it doesnt mean I shouldnt heed it.
    Kippy

That's fine Kippy, that's your decision. Just stay in the correct lane and we should be able to coexist quite happily.

That's fine Kippy, that's your decision. Just stay in the correct lane and we should be able to coexist quite happily.
    No bother.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

kbannon wrote:
    I don't recall seeing it about 8:30

It was there around 10ish. When cars can move fast enough to be caught.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It was there around 10ish. When cars can move fast enough to be caught.:D
    That makes sense - from a Garda point of view :rolleyes: Oh wait! I thought it was about safety, not revenue:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Skyone wrote:
    Has anyone seen this van, it's a beat up green van with blacked out windows and has a camera pointing out a little gap in the back window. I'm really hoping its just there as a deterrent as I shot by it the other day doing around 40 over the limit.

30 over is a endorsement isn't it?

I'm just hoping I get 2 points and a fine and that's it.

Advertisement