Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes hanging from a wire == drug neighbourhood?

Options
  • 31-08-2006 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭element05

Howdy,

Sorry in advance, but this is a wee bit off topic: I heard recently that if you see a pair of shoes hanging by their laces from a telegraph/power line that it means that's an area you can buy drugs in... is that true? Or was someone yanking my crank?

A friend of mine is now freaking out about this because just outside their house is a pair of shoes hanging from a phone line...

Cheers,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There is alot of ideas on this so I'm not entirely sure what if it means what you were told or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

If you get a knock on your door asking for crack - tell your friend he was correct. If not, find the little **** that threw the shoes up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yep, is supposed to mean this, has been discussed here several times too.

Could also mean kids messing around, but would be careful in any area I saw this tbh .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Are they doing it in Ireland now as well? I'd only seen it in New York!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Used to see it alot in inner city dublin & some of the rougher areas of Dublin. I always just thought it was kids messing about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

extensively discussed on after hours recently - majority opinion was that it was b0ll0cks. I mean, what are you supposed to do - wait underneath the shoes for a dealer to approach you? Easy catch for a plain-clothes cop if that's the case.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/sneakers.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

brilliant link loyatemu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

You can buy drugs in nearly every estate in Ireland now anyway!

Advertisement