Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muslimgauze - Azzazin

Options
  • 31-08-2006 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Wow....very good album, very odd, very uncharacteristic ( Very little information on the web on it too, not unusual considering the nature of Muslimgauze's limited releases, but what you do find seems to be very factually inaccurate )...anyway not at all like the majority of his other stuff, sounds more like an ambient soundtrack to Neuromancer than anything else, lots of electronic sounds, samples of helicopters, computers, machinery and the like, bass lines provided by what sounds like amplified electric circuitry, all very minimalist with little/no percussion, great album anyway, though it was not at all what I was expecting...anyone else heard this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I've only ever heard the name Muslimgauze, never the music. What's his other stuff like?
    Wow....very good album, very odd, very uncharacteristic ( Very little information on the web on it too, not unusual considering the nature of Muslimgauze's limited releases, but what you do find seems to be very factually inaccurate )...anyway not at all like the majority of his other stuff, sounds more like an ambient soundtrack to Neuromancer than anything else, lots of electronic sounds, samples of helicopters, computers, machinery and the like, bass lines provided by what sounds like amplified electric circuitry, all very minimalist with little/no percussion, great album anyway, though it was not at all what I was expecting...anyone else heard this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Lots of percussion, distorted ethnic percussion instruments and the like, very harsh, rough soundscapes that evoke imagery of deserts and busy market places and the like...

Just checked out extracts from the tracks "Nabius" and "Azzazin" on www.allmusic.com. They didn't sound particularly harsh or rough. Made me think more of a place somewhere between the Mille Plateaux and Real World labels.
    Lots of percussion, distorted ethnic percussion instruments and the like, very harsh, rough soundscapes that evoke imagery of deserts and busy market places and the like...

Well I don't know about Nabius, but like I said, Azzazin is a very uncharacteristic album :)

Anyway, perhaps harsh is the wrong word to describe the music, perhaps it's more a certain "graininess" than just being rough/abrasive outright. I think Azzazin is perhaps more uncharacteristic in so far as it doesn't have a middle eastern flavour to it rather than being somewhat less abrasive than his other output.

Fair enough.

Would I be right in thinking you're into Front 242, by the way?
    Well I don't know about Nabius, but like I said, Azzazin is a very uncharacteristic album :)

Anyway, perhaps harsh is the wrong word to describe the music, perhaps it's more a certain "graininess" than just being rough/abrasive outright. I think Azzazin is perhaps more uncharacteristic in so far as it doesn't have a middle eastern flavour to it rather than being somewhat less abrasive than his other output.

• Advertisement

Fair enough.

Would I be right in thinking you're into Front 242, by the way?

You would be right, it seems you cracked the very arcane code in my username :p

Advertisement