Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats The Number To Dial To Get Your Eircom Phone Number???

• 31-08-2006 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

I understand that once the line is connected all you have to do is dial a number and it tells you what your phone number is. Like the schmuck I am I can't find the number and set the account up to be ex-direc so it shows up on my mobile as Priv number. Arrgh.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I dont know any number to dial but one way to find your number is to dial 142(number) ex.142086.......

This displays your number on the outgoing call so you ring your mobile and it will appear. Im ex directory and it works for me so give it a try...

ab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

So its 142{my moble number}= the land line number. Thanks. Your a star!!

Obviously, the work on the line is finished, and Eircoms administrative ass and technical head aren't quite wired together.

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

199000 is the talkback number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 abanazaar

IT Loser wrote:
    So its 142{my moble number}= the land line number. Thanks. Your a star!!

Obviously, the work on the line is finished, and Eircoms administrative ass and technical head aren't quite wired together.

Thanks!
    yes it's 199000 but why are you bashing eircom ?

Ezekiel 23:8:5

"And the Lord Declared, That The Irishman Hath The Right To Bash Eircom"

Seriously, its fun to bash Eircom and they deserve it. This is an argument for another forum BUT Eircom have opened a whole sh!t-can of competition by allowing an argument over BB to flare up BEFORE they had their enabled-exchanges in place. If they had quietly enabled the exchanges in 2001 or so then BT, Digi, Smart etc would have found a far higher barrier to entry in place. Just my tuppence.

PS Eircom are DEAR

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think the real question is why is abanazaar chastising you for it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 abanazaar

good question cult
    wrong answer IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

same thing happened with me...i jsut dialled 11811.:confused:

abanazaar wrote:
    good question cult
    wrong answer IT

Ok, you've found me out...I am RACIST against Eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Niether of those numbers work on Metro phone line, however the number is displayed by default on a Mobile anyway.

One interesting feature with the Digiweb system, is that if you move and the new house can get a Metro signal, the existing phone number is kept if you use the same modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I had a strange experience when I moved down from the north. I signed up for a phone and got everything sorted. The only problem was my new number did not appear anywhere on any paperwork I received.

As we had just arrived we had no mobile phone. I called the operator and asked her to give me my number or a call back number. She refused and told me she could not give out that info.

MrP

Advertisement