Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help to buy a laptop...

• 31-08-2006 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello...

I'm looking to buy a new laptop in the next few weeks.

I'll be using it mostly for software programs like photoshop and Premier Pro and also for games like Football Manager etc.

But I only have about 700-800 euros to spend....

Any advise would be great!

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't think Football Manager requires a high end graphics card so I don't think its an issue but I'm not sure about Premier Pro. Have you had a peek at Dell's range of laptops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

Ive had a look at the dell laptops but i'm not really sure what specifics I would be looking for in order to run Photoshop Premier Pro etc, any help would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It looks like from the system requirements that you need a good amount of memory about 1-2gb. A decent sized hard drive for digital video and high definition video I would imagine. Maybe someone with Premier Pro would have a better idea. Are you running Premier Pro on your current system? If so give us your system details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

Ruu wrote:
    It looks like from the system requirements that you need a good amount of memory about 1-2gb. A decent sized hard drive for digital video and high definition video I would imagine. Maybe someone with Premier Pro would have a better idea. Are you running Premier Pro on your current system? If so give us your system details.

With my old system for which I dont have the specifics was good enough but I couldnt run Premier Pro on it, it was an Acer Laptop that I got over 3 years ago,

I not a professional or anything so I just need to be pointed in the right direction as to specifics, Any recommedations as to a specific Laptop would be great,

Thanks Again:) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Verita

If a mod does not move your thread then do try http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=529

It a laptop/notebook centric forum. To rip off Lost :)

A decent amount of RAM is what you need by the way. 1GIG minimum. Stay away from Celeron too. I'd also suggest a lap top with non intel GFX. Alot of the ATI and nvidia are not high end game worthy (hypermemswap/turbocache) but would sufice for Adobe CS 2 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Sorry! was out sailing. Moving to laptops!

Advertisement