Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

orange e46 bmw yeay or nay??

• 31-08-2006 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,136 ✭✭✭✭

have looked at a few bmws in the past few weeks and i have almost made my mind up on an orient blue 323 coupe with full grey leather sports interior and 53000 miles in the clock 00 reg.

The i saw this orange saloon, full m tech kit and i actually like it! its an auto 325i

Would i be mad with it a) being a saloon (and thus not as desirable for resale) and b) being orangy goldy!!

heres some pics

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=482321

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i like the orange gold but i dont like the automatic gearbox

its very low milage but it dose look like a very good deal. says nothing about nct though.

i always like saloons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,136 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

nct is to be done before its sold i think, seller seems like a very genuine guy

id get over the auto box with poxy dublin traffic, also if its like my old mans 5 its triptronic if you want??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 turkey_lurkey

Nice motor. Only a small cosmetic comment - I think the clear lenses look funny beside the smoked headlamps. As its an 01 would these not have come with yellow lenses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Looking at the reg being so late 01 it's a UK import, doesn't mention service history and milage looks very low, I would not touch this car without a verifiable history and also a check that it wasn't an insurance write off in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Very unique colour even if I would not be gone on it myself. Never seen a 3 Series in that colour before.

Just being totally paronoid here but are you sure it was not a complete respray by any chance? Was the M-tech available originally in Ireland on the 3-series saloon back in 2001? The only ones I have seen the M-tech body kit were the coupe and the 2002 facelifted saloon. Maybe the owner had the M-tech kit added afterwards and may have had a total respray in that unique colour at the same time?

Also maybe I'm wrong but was the multi-function steering wheel available on Irish cars at the time even as an option? Most I have seen with the multi-function steering wheel have been UK imports.

• Advertisement

if it was a uk import wouldnt bother me

mtec kit was available in 01 and mfsw has been available since 99,

it is a legit bmw colour, one from the individual range, arizona something!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats Gold!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Given the reg number, I'd say the car is Irish - weren't Irish '01 cars well into 6 figured before the end of 2001?

Also, a good few Irish cars had the multifunction wheel - the easiest way to show off that the car wasn't poverty spec!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I like the colour, have seen a few more like it.

Would take the 323ci in a heartbeat over it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Like that car! , check for ciggie burns or stains on the seats though.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

kdevitt wrote:
    I like the colour, have seen a few more like it.

Would take the 323ci in a heartbeat over it though.

to be honest i probably will, no matter how hard i try to like it more, i still prefer the coop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

All other things being equal, 4 doors are better than 2, auto is better than manual, and 190ps is better than 170. All IMO, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If it's genuine, I'd have it in a shot if i could pay for it.

It is orange though. the gold is more yellowy. a neighbour has had 3 in the last 3 yrs but went for a CLK this yr

Anan1 wrote:
    All other things being equal, 4 doors are better than 2, auto is better than manual, and 190ps is better than 170. All IMO, of course.

Except fpr the fact that a 2 door coupe is more desirable, and holds its value better... and that the 323ci is more than likely the same power as the 325i - power was underquoted by BMW, and that autos are for pensioners and those with dodgy hips :D

kdevitt wrote:
    Except fpr the fact that a 2 door coupe is more desirable, and holds its value better... and that the 323ci is more than likely the same power as the 325i - power was underquoted by BMW, and that autos are for pensioners and those with dodgy hips :D

The Ci does indeed hold its value better, thanks mainly to a steady flow of IT nerds hoping finally to get laid. The 323 is sadly not as quick as the 325. The auto thing is perhaps a matter of personal choice. That said, most people who drive a powerful automatic would never go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Fey! wrote:
    Given the reg number, I'd say the car is Irish - weren't Irish '01 cars well into 6 figured before the end of 2001?

No that was 2000.

Anan1 wrote:
    The Ci does indeed hold its value better, thanks mainly to a steady flow of IT nerds hoping finally to get laid. The 323 is sadly not as quick as the 325. The auto thing is perhaps a matter of personal choice. That said, most people who drive a powerful automatic would never go back.

****e - most 323ci put out 190BHP +, exactly the same as the 325. Have plenty of hard evidence for this rather than just your pub talk opinion.

kdevitt wrote:
    ****e - most 323ci put out 190BHP +, exactly the same as the 325. Have plenty of hard evidence for this rather than just your pub talk opinion.

Out with it, so!:)

Anan1 Kdevitt is right and to be honest if anyone would know its him seeing as he has organised a load of rr days for various bmw forums!!

the 323 has rarely dynoed at under 190bhp and is effectively as powerful as the 325, or at least as close as to not make it matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Just bought a 01 316 ti in the same colour.. seems they did they that colour to try and catch people upgrading from the higher spec mini's (its orignally a mini colour)... but they stoped it when 1 series started....

The colour did put me off , but in end it was the right car at the right price , and I was buying it to drive not to look at.......

Nice motor. Only a small cosmetic comment - I think the clear lenses look funny beside the smoked headlamps. As its an 01 would these not have come with yellow lenses?

no , those lenses are normal on orange model...

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote:
    Anan1 Kdevitt is right and to be honest if anyone would know its him seeing as he has organised a load of rr days for various bmw forums!!

the 323 has rarely dynoed at under 190bhp and is effectively as powerful as the 325, or at least as close as to not make it matter

I'm quite prepared to accept that, when he provides the hard evidence (not pub talk) he promised.;)

Advertisement