Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What music would you play in depressing times?

Options
  • 31-08-2006 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

I'm here at home with a ****ty cold. :( And for some reason I have my computer let Coldplay play on...can anybody suggest songs that they would play when they feel like sh**. What would you play when down in the dumps? Would you play classical music? Would you try to cheer yourself up? Or would you stay with the slow beat of Chris Martins voice....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

if ya wanna stay in the dumps - Coldplay, Radiohead (Creep esp), Paul Brady will suffice

wanna cheer up - get some Prodigy, Republic of Loose, Bob Marley, Ian Brown or even Eminem (Im not a fan of rap, unless its Jay Z)

maybe some Tenasious D or Stephen Lynch is what ya need for a bit of a laugh.

Id try cheer myself up

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Coldplay is a good option if you want to mope a bit, as is Hurt - Johnny Cash, one of the saddest songs I can think of. Any form of emo is also a given here.

For cheering up, Faithless or some insane metal thing, Pantera is my favourite for this at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

nick drake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

clannad or enya great for depressing you, and depending on the tune, sometimes cheering up as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

The bloodhound gang

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

gENERAlly speaking if Im down in the dumps and feeling like crap Ill stick on radiohead as I find them quite depressing anyway , Depends really on what Im down about that would constitute cheering myself up or not , If its just sh*T work / petty stuff getting me down , Id stick on system or pantera as thatd cheer me up , if its more serious stuff I tend to have a few cans (Bad idea) listen to radiohead and sleep it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Down in a Hole by Alice in Chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Anyone whos depressed please play All These Things That I've Done by The Killers.Guaranteed satisfaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

System.......Lonely Day . Just thought of that one but yea it sums up those downer days well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

REM - Bad Day
    REM - What's The Frequency Kenneth?
    Jefferson Starship - Nothings' Gonna Stop Us Now
    Wilson phillips - Hold On
    The Primitives - Crash
    Climie Fisher - Love Changes Everything
    Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Start off with easy listening or classical music and work my way up to the louder stuff

Hayley Westenre or Enya to begin with then onto more eighties stuff and then louder music like The Primitives and the Go-Gos or Blondie.

I like my older music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bruce Springsteen-The River.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Linkin park - numb

When I am about to kill myself.
    W00t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

ooo, yeh - try Enya's Sail Away or Only Time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

The Cure's Disintegration is the ultimate depression album.

Advertisement