Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thousands Donated for Online Wrestling Radio Host Fight

• 31-08-2006 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From yahoo news:

Woodinville, WA (PRWEB) August 31, 2006 -- Bryan Alvarez and Vincent Verhei, hosts of the popular Bryan & Vinny radio show at Figure Four Weekly Online (www.f4wonline.com, have agreed to come out of retirement and face each other in a pro-wrestling match after $2,500 was raised by listeners over the past two weeks.

"Every day I ask myself what is going on, and I have no good answer," Alvarez said.

The match came about after listener "IMM" asked: "How much do we need to raise for a one night payoff to get you back into the ring, Bryan?"

"Our friend Buddy Wayne has a ring in his backyard," Alvarez said. "I talked to Vince, Buddy and my brother-in-law Tony about it, and we all agreed to say we'd do it for a minimum $400 -- $100 each for Vince and I, $100 for Buddy to referee, and $100 for Tony to film it and put it on Youtube. We basically figured that would shut down the idea. None of us thought anywhere near $400 would be offered."

But days later, $100 was donated and "the floodgates opened," Alvarez said. As of August 30th, the total stands at $2,554.

"Once we passed $500, it went from being one match in a backyard ring to a big production. We've already posted three training videos on Youtube and we've got a contract signing and weigh-in still to come," Alvarez said. "We also did a deal where anyone who donates $25 or more gets a free deluxe DVD of all the skits and the match."

"Seriously, are they really wrestling again?" Wayne, a veteran of World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling, quipped. "I lost my eyesight for two days after seeing the hair match." Wayne's comment is in reference to a loser-gets-shaved match Alvarez and Verhei had in 2004 for International Championship Wrestling in Tacoma, WA. Alvarez has stated that the match was so bad it ultimately led to him losing his passion for the business and retiring.

"Oh God," Alvarez noted.

"For the past year, both myself and Bryan have buried my wrestling career in every way at every opportunity," Verhei said. "Now the fans will finally get to see how awful I really am. I’m dedicating my terrible effort to them."

Besides appearing on Youtube.com (keyword: "f4w"), the videos are being archived at www.f4wonline.com, the official home of the Bryan & Vinny Show. The match is scheduled to be posted on September 17th.

"That hair match, it will still have happened, but at least there will be vengeance," Alvarez said last week on the radio show. "It's vengeance for our own first performance ... I will die. I will die to redeem the hair match."
    ADVERTISEMENT

Figure Four Weekly, LLC, headquartered in Woodinville, WA, is one of the world's most trusted sources for news and information on pro-wrestling and the mixed martial arts. Additional information can be found at www.f4wonline.com.

Dr. Bryan Alvarez, editor
    Figure Four Weekly, LLC
    (877) 796-8599
    http://www.f4wonline.com

There gonna end up making more than 95% of independant shows in the US by the time its done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

From yahoo news:

There gonna end up making more than 95% of independant shows in the US by the time its done.
    What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

An awful lot of indepndant shows in the US lose money let alone break even. Alvarez has currently raised $3000 dollars for one online match. Hence, there making more than most independant shows in the US.

I did n't think it was that difficult to figure out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I misunderstood what you meant, thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

No problem. Apologies for the harsh reply earlier.

Advertisement