Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An alternative to iTunes Music Store

Options
  • 31-08-2006 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest some alternatives to the iTunes Music Store? And by alternatives i mean legal sites, not LimeWire and all that jazz...

I have been using iTunes Music Store for a while now to buy sounds and i have to say that the whole experience is brilliant, BUT, the problem lies with the format of the files that they sell...

Y'see i use Windows Media Player as my main music thing on my machine because i dont really like the way iTunes operates as a music player. The problem with this is that i cant play any files i buy from iTunes in Windows Media Player because of the poxy "Apple" specific files :mad:.

I know there are ways around this by burning them onto CD and ripping them back onto the machine as MP3s but thats more hassle than its worth, so if anyone could suggest some close alternatives that would be great. I would also be interested to hear peoples opinions on the whole thing...

Thanks.

MP3 Head

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

well there's emusic. Its perfectly legal, you get MP3s which should play in Windows media player. The only thing is that the choice of artists isn't as mainstream as iTMS. Still its worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Head wrote:
    Can anyone suggest some alternatives to the iTunes Music Store? And by alternatives i mean legal sites, not LimeWire and all that jazz...

I have been using iTunes Music Store for a while now to buy sounds and i have to say that the whole experience is brilliant, BUT, the problem lies with the format of the files that they sell...

Y'see i use Windows Media Player as my main music thing on my machine because i dont really like the way iTunes operates as a music player. The problem with this is that i cant play any files i buy from iTunes in Windows Media Player because of the poxy "Apple" specific files :mad:.

I know there are ways around this by burning them onto CD and ripping them back onto the machine as MP3s but thats more hassle than its worth, so if anyone could suggest some close alternatives that would be great. I would also be interested to hear peoples opinions on the whole thing...

Thanks.

MP3 Head
    Send €5 to the artist and download off bittorrent or limewire.

They earn more this way.
    http://www.downhillbattle.org/itunes/

Advertisement