Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Contributions

Options
  • 31-08-2006 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi, just got full planning off Cork Coco - and then the nice planning contribution of 14K - whilst I dont begrudge paying monies towards the services etc, is there any point in trying to look for a discount. I mean the main road has been a condition for years, doubtfully going to improve that much, same for services etc - or is it just a waste of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Probably a waste of time as they will say the contribution is for future development/upkeep not work done in the past but sure, no harm in asking. They will probably allow you to pay it in stages if that helps. Keep the invoice and you can use it to beat away the politicians from your doorstep come the next election.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The development contribution scheme was introduced to assist financially with the provision and upgrading of infrastructure/services in the area where the development is proposed.

I wouldnt be too sure of the exact format of the scheme in Cork but generally the level of contributions/charges is based on the size of the house. You should check their website or pop into the planning dept. and ask to see exactly how the charges are arrived at. They could have overcharged and I can tell you that this has happened a few times here in Donegal.

Check out the details of the water supply for your new house. If its from a well/bore hole or from a group water scheme then you will not be levied in respect of this service.

Check the size of your house and calculate the charges yourself or have your agent do this. You will of course need the base information from the planning office first

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The development tax works like this:
    the first 40m2 is not charged for then every sq.m after that is charged at a rate that depends as muffler said on what services are provided ie mains sewage, etc
    This link is the official document.
    http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/pdf/129372500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 corkonian0110

Thanks chaps, well it seems from chatting to them the amount must be paid up front :( and also the fact that the new suburban rail link out my way has helped add a special contribution.

Well I will begrudgingly pay - also noted another condition indicating a sum of 1600 euro to be paid as a deposit to ensure I dont deposit storm water into the sewers and put down 6m of tarmac on the entrance so I wont drag gravel onto the road! Might ask then for the interest back on this they would have accrued for the time it takes us to build ;)

Despite all this Im happy to get planning

Advertisement