Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone out there shooting a .40 SW ?

Options
  • 31-08-2006 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello all,

I am just wondering if any pistol shooters out there are using .40 SW as a calibre. I like the look of the CZ 75 in 40SW, as it is ambidextrous ( I am a leftie), and I would hope that licensing a non military calibre like .40 would be less problematic than 9mm or 45 ACP...

Also what kind of cost can be expected per box of 40 SW ammo?

thanks in advance

mosulli4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Shot one last week in Germany.A Nowlin Avenger in 40S&W.It is a 13 shot 1911 model style "racegun" Ambidex saftey and slide release[am a southpaw as well].It is a nice gun all right,it stovepiped twice[where the expended shell gets caught upright at 90degrees,preventing chambering of a new round and allowing the slide to return to battery due to it not extracting and ejecting cleanly]Usually caused by a grubby gun.Kick is pleasent, between a 9mm and 45 ACP.But myself would prefer either 9mm or 45ACP
    The military calibre thing is a smokescreen put out by the gardai,it has no bearing in law,and they can refuse to liscense a non military calibre just as much.Proably because some PDs in the USA use it,they will say it is a "police round".:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shc1

No 40 cal for me (yet). I will add the CZ is becoming more and more popular in these parts.
    I do own a CZ-83, .380 cal. No complaints whatsoever.:) The 75’s I believe have a 22 long rifle conversion to add later if you like.
    Sadly 40 cal ammo is a bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

I got the chance to shoot a .40cal. H&k USP a very nice handgun the grip is a bit big for my hands and theres a definite kick off it but not so much as to be uncontrollable ,also shot 9mm and .45 and 9mm is the way I'm going .
    Ive seen a few Glocks in .40 out there aswell so lisencing shouldn't be an issue unless you have an "anti handgun " Super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

I currently shoot a Glock 22 in 40S&W which I use for practical pistol shooting. Great gun. A little more recoil than the Glock 17 in 9mm though. At least with the Glock it's got a low bore and recovery for the second shot is pretty good. Trigger takes a bit of getting used to though. Also with Glock the standard sights in my view are sub standard.
    Also shot a HK USP in 40cal. Don't like them as much because they are very top heavy and not a pointable as the Glock. I find them much slower to get a sight picture. But with the USP you can get left hand versions.

Price can range fro 12 euro for 50 up to 18 for 50 (165 grain CCI Blazer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

anyone shot the new 90Two Beretta??? It an all new version of the model 92 but looks alot cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Mosi , is this to be a sports pistol for all seasons, bullseye, practical ,etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

les,

yes it is, to be used for all disciplines. I might consider the 22lr kadet adapter later for practice purposes...

thanks,

mosulli4

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Iwould go for the 9mm, if you are interested you are welcome to come up to Newry we have a number of different club guns , you can shoot the various pistols and have a chat with the club members on the pros and cons of the different pistols.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Les,

Thank you for the offer. I will keep it in mind. I just need an excuse at home or work to travel that far north from Cork!

Cheers,

mosulli4

Advertisement