Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Requalified on open water & nitrox

• 31-08-2006 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Well,after an absense of 20 odd years from the Irish diving scene.I am requalified as of today in PADI open water and nitrox.Wasnt as painful as I expected it to be.Now to just save up and re buy new equipment.Is there any antique scuba diving gear collectors out there???:D :D

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Claregunner,

What is the biggest difference in either practice or equipment between now and your previous diving experience??

Benny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Benny,
    on the equipment front.
    I was using an ABLJ,nowadays BCJs are the norm and I required a good while on the course to get used to them.My reg is a Spiro 4010 with a non octopus 1st stage.Spiro is now long gone out of busisness.So I will have to scavange parts for it.Also it wont fit the new pillar valves on scuba tanks.They are rated to a higher pressure than mine were.The tanks need to be hydro tested as well.After 20 years of storage it will be intresting to see if they make it.
    Suit doesnt fit anymore.
    [Anyone want a good Camero 7.5 mm with appx 10 dives on it.????]

I was CMAS qualified,have lost log book& certs over 20 years of moving house,and countries.So I went for PADI,not as easy to lose the qualifications,or a credit card].Also I dont have the time to re qualify in my life to CMAS methods.
    Forgot alot of theory and laws and such,so I needed a refresher.Still find working the dive tables a major PITA.
    All in all it is like being in suspended animation since the late 80s and waking up in the 21st centuary.You know what things are,but how far they have advanced is another amazing thing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Hope you have an understanding Bank Manager when you go to him/her for a big fat loan for a load of new gear....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Aint that a fact!!:D A grand would do it methinks.

Advertisement