Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new helmet time?

Options
  • 01-09-2006 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hey guys first time posting on this forum, been hanging around for a while.
    I had a spill on the bike yesterday, got a good smack on the head, just above my right ear

Really glad i was wearing my gloves which were torn through and my helmet, gloves arent too bad but im just wondering if its time to get a new helmet.

There are a few scratches and that on it, no visible cracks tho
    ive pushed and pulled at it and it seems pretty solid but i dont want it to fail when i need it most

its a tmet helmet do they do cheap replacement for crashed helmets?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

from what I understand its recommended that you replace your helmet after any good slap its taken,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

King Eric wrote:
    Really glad i was wearing my gloves which were torn through
    its a met helmet do they do cheap replacement for crashed helmets?
    That is one of the reasons I wear gloves.

Met does have a Crash Replacement programme but no costs are listed. You will need your original receipt and have to post the helmet to the local distributor with a description of the accident.
    I'm sure a quick phone call will tell you a price and turnaround time. Let us know - I might need to have a fall in my 3 yr old helmet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Given the cost of VHI, I'd say you'd be wise to invest in a new helmet if you're unsure.

Advertisement