Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewalls..

Options
  • 01-09-2006 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm planning to run a web server on one of my box's, and on the same network I got 2 other computers, At the moment each of them is running Zone Alarm, But does anyone know any better ways to protect my network, or would Zone Alarm be enough?

~ Idgeitman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to Net/Comms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Zone Alarm should be enough for protecting ports.
    Make sure whatever webserver you are using is completly patched up and as secure as it can be though... that will be the real problem. IIS 6.0 isn't too bad with a default install, but watch older versions (ftp/nntp/asp/ssi on by default)... watch your file permissions as well for your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

Use a hardware Sonicwall TZ 170 a great firewall loads of otuions to change to your needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

thanks for all the help guys,

~ Idgeitman

Advertisement