Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you move back to Ireland?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Ah right, so there you have it, the reason I ( an Australian by birth) wont move back to Australia....oh wait that wasn't the thread title, damn.
    Australia is a great country to bring up children. Where else in the world can you work on a laptop in your garden listening to lorikeets, be completely surrounded by open play areas and parks and get rain once every two months (although many people are praying for rain!).

This morning my daughter was watching Play School and there were some children doing Irish dancing on the show. She asked me if we would ever visit Ireland. I told her that when she was a little bit bigger we would live in between Ireland and Spain where her grandparents are.

I could handle summer(!) in Ireland and the rest of the time in Spain. Even though Australia is new and shiny it is also lacking in history and culture - aside from the indigenous history and culture. I think it would be good for my children to understand their heritage and experience the richness of Irish and European culture.

Advertisement