Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing runners

• 01-09-2006 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post but...

I'm just wondering how you guys usually go about washing runners? Mine have gotten fairly smelly lately and febreeze isn't doing the job! Would a quick wash in the washing machine be safe? If not how would you clean them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

quick wash in the machine is fine for 99% of runners, aye.
    The label says not to wash, but tbh I wouldn't mind that. They are fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    quick wash in the machine is fine for 99% of runners, aye.
    The label says not to wash, but tbh I wouldn't mind that. They are fine :)

i throw my runners into the machine when ever they get really bad... never had any problems...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Runners are generally no good for actual running after they've been through the wash. For general wear though they'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Put them in a pillow case when your washing them, saves on the wear & tear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

skywalker wrote:

Now that, I have never heard!

But yes, if my runners get really bad then I just throw
    them in for a quick wash, and they're fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

skywalker wrote:

I have heard of that but not tried it yet. I wash mine every once in a while, no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

The tops pf some runners sometimes turn up so the pillow case would be ideal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

I suggest you throw out your smelly runners.
    I never wear the damn things for exactly the reasons you've outlined.They get dirty and smelly.
    Disgusting footwear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

The tops pf some runners sometimes turn up so the pillow case would be ideal!

agreed!

Advertisement