Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes!!!finally!!!!!

Options
  • 01-09-2006 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

National day off for all!!Ticker tape parade down O Connell St.21 gun salute outside Mansion house.Speeches to be held by dignataries and worthies.
    I FINALLY Got the liscense for my Glock!!!!:D :D:D:D:D
    Got a call from my local garda ,that the liscense is in Limerick and it should be there for collection at my local by monday.

At one year,eight months,and nine days appx.This has got to have been the longest application wait in recent history since we got handguns back in Ireland for a handgun application.:eek:
    Anyone any longer out there???

Now,for the second fun bit getting it from Phoenix,Az to Limerick:)

[:) Off to break out the bubbly:D ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Not too difficult, I can dig up the name of a US Dealer ,all the paperwork for about 100.00US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Well done C.G., worth waiting for ! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Congratulations CG, now you can get down to the *really* fun bit - learning to put them all in the ten ring :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shc1

Congrats!

Now you can shoot better than me:o .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

Welcome to the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Nice one CG!

you are a very patient person!

A question for all of you.

I have posted elsewhere about my desire to obtain a pistol - preferrably a CZ 75/85 in either 9mm or 40 S&W. I am a cautious person by nature, and I am wondering if I should delay the licensing process and see how the new firearms 2006 act pans out?

Wha would you do?

thanks for your input...

mosulli4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

mosulli4 wrote:
    Nice one CG!
    you are a very patient person!

A life skill I have had alot of practise in:)
    A question for all of you.

I have posted elsewhere about my desire to obtain a pistol - preferrably a CZ 75/85 in either 9mm or 40 S&W. I am a cautious person by nature, and I am wondering if I should delay the licensing process and see how the new firearms 2006 act pans out?

Wha would you do?

Don't delay-apply today! I doubt that they are going to do recalls on handguns now,considering they just liscensed them for this year.It would be next July31st before they pull the liscensing again.

Just got a call from my local Garda that the liscense is up at the station and come up for it.!!!!:D :D:D:D

TOTAL WAIT for my application One year ,Nine months and 24 days.Before I got the paper in my hands.
    That has to be a record of some sort.:eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Sparks wrote:
    fun bit - learning to put them all in the ten ring :D

or the A box......... :D

Congrats CG, IPSC needs YOU!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Congrats CG .... Don't forget that drool is both a solvent and corrosive ..:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moby10

:p well done, i hope it was worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Nice one CG,

I hope to be able to say the same thing early next year.

Happy shooting:cool:
    Hezz.

Thanks Lads,
    Now only appx a six month wait for the US State dept to issue the export cert and we will be shooting.:rolleyes: :eek: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jcatony

Congrats. I know what its like to get messed about by the Gardai when applying for a license.
    Which model did you get?
    What was the fao's initial reaction to you application?
    A few months ago i had the opportunity to fire two very nice .45 caliber pistols. One of which was a ww2 remington govt model.

Glock 17, 9mm early model without the pictanny rail cut in the reciver.
    My FAO,who is a garda in a rural station had no problem,just a sigh of tired resignation knowing that CG was off on a mad one again.:D .He knew I have had guns for ages and that I had a gun cabinet .So no problems there really.It was in Limerick HQ that all the foot dragging was occuring.

WW2 Remington .45???Hmmm I bet that rattled a bit when you shook it.My Dad was a CPO in the US Pacifc fleet in WW2,was issued one.He always said he wonderd why officers were issued these,as he found them totally inaccruate and they rattled like Hell in the slide. I guess he just got one made in wartime conditions,where if it went Bang consistently it was good enough:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Congratulations CG.

Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

TOTAL WAIT for my application One year ,Nine months and 24 days.Before I got the paper in my hands.
    That has to be a record of some sort.:eek: :(

According to NARGC the maximun waiting period by law is three months.
    NARGC wrote:
    Three months is the length of time prescribed by law as being the maximum period. A decision must be rendered within that period.

I've also noted that people are saying that a liscence only lasts for 1 year but NARGC say its 3 years
    NARGC wrote:
    The licence lasts for three years after which it must be renewed.

I'm new to guns so could someone straighten this out to me. I'm a bit confused.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Theres a bit of confusion alright with the new laws that are trying to be brought in and what they are at teh moment

Licence lasts for 1 year
    Licence application as far as i know is until the super says its over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

Theres a bit of confusion alright with the new laws that are trying to be brought in and what they are at teh moment

Licence lasts for 1 year
    Licence application as far as i know is until the super says its over
    Folks

A little bit of confusion has been introduced by the article in Shooters Digest, the Criminal Justice Act 2006 has been enacted in certain sections as a result of the following commencement order: http://www.justice.ie/80256E010039E882/vWeb/flJUSQ6S9EJT-ga/$File/SI390of2006.pdf

Substantiallty the act has not yet been enabled, things that have, are most significantly the right of appeal to the District Court in the event of the Superintendent refusing a lisence application.

On October 2nd significant further changes will be introduced however these are specifically related to the illegal uses of firearms and will not effect licence holder. Punitive measuers after the fireams amnesty!

Effective now as and from the first day in August are Parts 1 to 8, Part 2: Sections, 28,30, 32,33,38, 40, 42, 57, 58, 59,60, 61 and 65 of Part 5, part 15 and schedules 1 and 2.

Nothing else if effective untill further commencement orders will be signed.

Further commencement orders, enabling the new licences, the range licencing, the reloading and the other parts which are not currently commenced, are due to be signed on November 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

Sparks wrote:
    Further commencement orders, enabling the new licences, the range licencing, the reloading and the other parts which are not currently commenced, are due to be signed on November 1.
    Sparks the commencement order for November 1st as SI 390 is already been signed, it relates only to the aspects of the bill which pertain to criminal use of firearms.

If further commencement orders are to be signed for additional aspects of the firearms legislation they will hardly be effective till next year at the earliest, can you elaborate on your information?

I'm relating what I was told when I enquired at the DoJ when the first commencement order was signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

CG

Rough figures but will give you a range. Pre war guns are well made, the GDR era guns are spotty,.... but very nice guns are out there - a good case for ' buy the gun ' - after reunification ( give it a few years say mid 90's) the quality improves rapidly and the prices increase as well.
    A Merkel 201E = € 2500 to € 4000 .... a 203E is double that and a 303E is €15,000 plus or minus ...depending on condition and Teutonic embellishments.
    An example of a 1980's 303E SLE.

A 1980's 303E Luxus @ 30,000.00

A 304E ....well good luck ;) € 20,000 - 30,000 + ................

New guns .....:confused:

Reread the commencement order. Declan's right - the DoJ's answer seems to be completely wrong. Time to call them again I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Sparks wrote:
    Reread the commencement order. Declan's right -
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OK ...Smart ass ! :mad:
    No impersonating the Mods or anyone else !!!!!!.. !

Tell us what you've done with the real ....."Sparks" and "Flag" :confused:

Seriously though ... any further news or proposed dates for the commencements..??

Advertisement