Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Worst Traffic In Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

cregser wrote:
    The Ballymount area is the worst I know of.

I'll second that. And that road that crosses the M50 from Ballymount to the Belgard Road is usually a car park all day long.

The traffic in the morning heading from the Mill Pub in Tallaght to the Knocklyon M50 junction is chaotic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

chasm wrote:
    Carrick on Shannon has to be the worst for me.
    You obviously have no idea what traffic is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I have used the Lucan buslane legitimately too, and it is class - although in some cases I have seen some nutters continue on up the 24-hour-bus-only section and even through a red traffic light.

Something I think is odd is the light sequencing on the roundabout at the N4 over the M50 - lots of empty time sitting at a red light with nothing coming, and then get over onto the other side of the roundabout to another redlight, and finding traffic from the M50 slip onto the roundabout is backed up and blocking the yellow-box there. I wonder are those lights not measuring traffic flow, but are just on a "dumb" timer...

franksm wrote:
    Something I think is odd is the light sequencing on the roundabout at the N4 over the M50 - lots of empty time sitting at a red light with nothing coming, and then get over onto the other side of the roundabout to another redlight, and finding traffic from the M50 slip onto the roundabout is backed up and blocking the yellow-box there. I wonder are those lights not measuring traffic flow, but are just on a "dumb" timer.
    I find if you are first away from the lights, if you crawl around the roundabout in second gear, the lights on to the M50 are just turning green as you get around.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

fletch wrote:
    I passed my test in Carrick.
    Then there was a roundabout but no traffic lights or anything too technical IIRC.

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    I passed my test in Carrick.
    Then there was a roundabout but no traffic lights or anything too technical IIRC.
    They do now have pedestrian lights on the bypass (first set in Leitrim if I remember correctly) but my sister works in the village and I do be there a lot during the Summer and believe me, Carrick has never experienced "traffic"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

fletch wrote:

Its the worst for me as i have to drive through it a number of times every day.
    I dont recall the OP stating it had to be in dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

fletch wrote:
    They do now have pedestrian lights on the bypass (first set in Leitrim if I remember correctly) but my sister works in the village and I do be there a lot during the Summer and believe me, Carrick has never experienced "traffic"

Believe me as someone who passes through it everyday, it does have "traffic", maybe not to the same extent as other towns but it is still hectic all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Fermoy

chasm wrote:
    Believe me as someone who passes through it everyday, it does have "traffic", maybe not to the same extent as other towns but it is still hectic all the same.
    I's all relative I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Id like to see any of those places beat gorey on Friday evening of
    The august bank holiday, 3 miles on the northside

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The Chapelizod bypass is also a pain, some days its empty and you can get a clear run to Palmerstown, other days (for no obvious reason) its backed up to the Ballyfermot turn off (which you only see once you've passed the turn off for Ballyrfermot!!!)

It's is one of lifes mysteries, I'm on it every evening usually between 5-7 and there is no logic to the hold ups at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

spanner wrote:
    Id like to see any of those places beat gorey on Friday evening of
    The august bank holiday, 3 miles on the northside

I wonder was that the day the truck driver transporting a new wind turbine got stuck under the Arklow Road bridge ? (and caused a two hour delay!)

But Gorey does have dire traffic jams alright!

Luckily a new by-pass will be opening in the coming months!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

A few of my personal favourites:

The lights at Snugborough Rd/Westend Retail Park just off the N3 that stay red for a full 5 mins at a time in each direction.

Anywhere they've taken out a proper roundabout and put in a mini one that creates huge jams e.g. Artane Castle

Oscar Traynor Rd at Malahide Rd.

Castleknock Village

East Wall Rd

Wexford St.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You ain't seen nothing yet, Adamstown means 10,000 more homes, mamy with more than one car/car journey each morning, especially when it rains.
    I know but lets pretend that the councils have planned for it! :(

Advertisement