Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd round and the next rounds

Options
  • 01-09-2006 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

did anyone get an offer in their second round? not many courses changed their points really.
    does anyone know when all the next rounds are? x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah i accepted my offer for dcu just there a second ago..it came in my second round because i didnt want my first two choices so waited for it to pop up as my second choice..i think there is only one main round left..im not sure doh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

IgsTer wrote:
    yeah i accepted my offer for dcu just there a second ago..it came in my second round because i didnt want my first two choices so waited for it to pop up as my second choice..i think there is only one main round left..im not sure doh

i thought if u got ur first choise u cant get an offer from preferences lower?? so u accepted CA ye?

yeah thats what i tought and thats what many other people told me on here..but i just left my two first offers expire and not accept them..and then comp apps ye, popped up in the second round..i was told it would anyway by staff in dcu..so i knew it would..if it didnt i would have been fooked.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

IgsTer wrote:
    yeah thats what i tought and thats what many other people told me on here..but i just left my two first offers expire and not accept them..and then comp apps ye, popped up in the second round..i was told it would anyway by staff in dcu..so i knew it would..if it didnt i would have been fooked.. :D
    thats strange lol! :eek: ur lucky!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

IgsTer wrote:
    Makes sense, actually. They would have filled the places in your first two, but CA in DCU always has empty spots, because they don't drop the points below a certain level. Useful little trick that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

I've just been offered my first choice - French and Spanish - but I'm now caught in between that and my second choice - French and Russian. Both are in Trinity. I just don't know what one I should choose! You see, I was caught in between both courses from the beginning. I accepted French and Russian in the first round because I was offered it then but now I don't know what to accept!!! :o:o:o Help me!

love ta be able to study another language but i wouldnt be able for it.. :(

yeah comp apps has like 300 places every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Whens the third round out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

UU wrote:
    I've just been offered my first choice - French and Spanish - but I'm now caught in between that and my second choice - French and Russian. Both are in Trinity. I just don't know what one I should choose! You see, I was caught in between both courses from the beginning. I accepted French and Russian in the first round because I was offered it then but now I don't know what to accept!!! :o:o:o Help me!
    bly a mroe useful language. It, Mandarin chinese and english are the three most common in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Raphael wrote:
    bly a mroe useful language. It, Mandarin chinese and english are the three most common in the world.
    Maybe. But I sort of wasn't expecting to get Spanish as an offer and was anticipating on doing Russian. Russian just seemed to me to be something a bit different, unique and interesting as I already have French as a European language and no Slavic languages. Well, I have until Tuesday to decide and I suppose it can me who can decide. I better get cracking on this pro's and con's list . . . . . :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement