Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consuming Web Services Without Proxy Class (.Net)

Options
  • 01-09-2006 11:30am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have to sync some data between a laptop and a PDA. The easiest way to do it seems to be to run a web service on the laptop and use it to pass datasets between them. This is simple enough, but because I need the code to run on different laptop/pda pairs, and I'd like the flexibility to easily change either the service or the PDA, I don't want to have to go through a proxy class hardcoded for a particular service.

Anybody know an easy way in .Net to dynamically consume a web service without having to construct all the HTTP GET/POST requests and parse the responses myself ?

(I've been looking through the Discovery namespace, but not made much sense of it so far)

Comments

Advertisement